Bottle of Wine Question

• 10 months later...

Just remember to bring your own corkscrew with you. It will cost you a $15 fee to have someone on the ship open it for you!

You are only allowed to bring this wine on with your at your originating port. You are NOT allowed to buy additional wine in port to enjoy on the cruise. You can buy alcohol in port, but the ship's crew will take it from you and return it to your cabin on the last night of your cruise.

Just remember to bring your own corkscrew with you. It will cost you a $15 fee to have someone on the ship open it for you!

Not so. The fee is if you have someone open it in the MDR, steakhouse etc. You may call housekeeping and someone from room service will come and open it for you in your cabin. I tip them a dollar when they come.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've done it several ways. I've paid the corkage fee in the restaurants and I've also not had them charge me. What we usually do is open it ourselves in our cabin and carry a glass with us into the MDR where we usually eat. No problem ever with that as the DH and I are not big drinkers. Just be prepared for a huge booze bill if you don't plan ahead. Our DS and his friend turned 21 on our last cruise and it was insane how much booze cost!

They have booze packages you can buy before you get on the ship for wine, beer, and the hard stuff. It's probably your best bet. Go on the Carnival website and check the different packages and the prices. You can pre-order and have it waiting in your cabin. There's also some kind of Cheers package where you can drink a certain amount of drinks a day. We've never done it because we don't drink much. But at 21...You probably will...LOL! Be prepared...again...booze on cruise = big time bucks!

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/Carnival-Bar-Menu/CarnivalCruiseBarMenu.htm Try this link for prices and brands. I copied it from another post on another thread for you. Hope it helps!

I hope you and your friends have a great time! Be safe! (That's the Mom in me...LOL!)

Edited by mousey

We get the room steward to open it for us if we forget our corkscrew. They are happy to do it and don't charge you. The corkage fee is if you take it to the dining room. Sometimes they don't charge you a fee there either.

Last cruise my corkscrew on utility knife broke and asked room steward to borrow his.

Told me he didnt have one and suggested we borrow one from room service