Anthem Set Sail Pass

There are many agents with an Ipad to check in and then go thru security. Easier if you have your picture loaded prior to the cruise. The agent looks at your set sail pass, passport and then asks the usual health questions. The credit card previously supplied is on the reservation and the agent does not need to see it or swipe it. The agent stamps your paper set sail pass and this will get you on the ship. Next step is to go thru security. The waiting area is crowded but when your group is called then take an elevator or escalator up one level and a short flat walk onto the ship. There are no long ramps to climb. Check in with the stamped paper sea pass is easy. Once on the ship, cabins open at 1 and if you look carefully as the elevator goes up, there are signs at each level as to when the cabins will be open. I went to my deck 5 minutes before 1, and the doors were opening as I got to the starboard side. The cruise card is right at the door. I too was concerned with security of the card, but no problem.

If you want to use a different credit card from the one you used when completing on-line checkin, just go to Guest Services and they will do that for you. Just before I cruised on the Anthem my credit card was compromised and I was issued a new number. I just went to Guest Services, they deleted the old card and swiped the new card into the system. Took only a few minutes.

• 4 weeks later...
Are there any guidelines to the size of the Anthem Set-sail photo and the background requirements?

The background needs to be plain and the photo straight on. When you do your online check-in, the first thing you will do is upload the photo. It shows you do's and don'ts.

I was able to do my Setsail pass at 90 days before the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ARCruisinNana

Hi,

Sometimes the "upload photo" section of the online check in doesn't appear until about a month from sailing.

It is very easy to do, make sure you have a photo of yourself against a plain background. They will take another photo of you if the one you have uploaded isn't acceptable.

It really saves time checking in, even if it is only a few seconds to take another photo, just think if they had to take photos of everyone it would delay embarkation for everyone. 30 seconds x 1000's = hours.

If someone is taking a photo of you make sure they hold the camera landscape, if it is portrait is sometimes loads your photo at 90 degrees.

Last time we checked in this way is was less than 15 minutes from parking the car to getting on the ship.

Pete

Thanks, Yes we are sailling from Southampton, does that mean i should call and ask about the photo or have others found no photo required ?

We are also sailing from Southampton on 3rd May. When we initially completed the online check-in there was no option to upload photo. We received an email from RCI a few days ago advising to carry out on-line check in again to allow to upload photos. This time there was an option to do that