Millennium Ocenview w/ Veranda or Conceierge

d60kott

I prefer the CC class for a few reasons, but I think ultimately it is the price difference that would do it for me. If it is $100/$150 or less per person to get the concierge I would do it. I'd probably not do it if the difference is $400 or more per person. In between those prices, I have to consider and decide if it affects the overall budget too much.

My favorite things are: the better bedding (down comforter, pillowtop mattress, pillow menu); the breakfast menu is the best and includes eggs benedict and a great yogart parfait; nice robes. The other little touches like the colored towels, roses in the bathroom and afternoon canepes are added little pleasantries. We've not booked anything less than CC because we really have gotten some great prices on it.

I've been in a 2C ocean view with veranda, and it was fine. I think the wider cabin in a concierge would make it that much better, however, so there was less chance of bumping into the bed as you passed. I did take a tour of the CC class cabin, and the decorations were nicer, the bathroom was prettier, and the size of the balcony was slightly larger, making it possible for two people to eat there on padded deck chairs. Check the Celebrity Secrets they Don't Tell You at the top of the Celebrity board and you will find the cabin numbers for CC cabins that have much larger balconies, at no additional cost.

D60Kott - To follow up on what Flashdog said about Celebrity Secrets, also note that there are some non-CC verandah cabins that have larger balconies, such as the first eight Category 2C cabins from the bow on Penthouse deck, plus the cabins that are on a "bump" and thus have an angled, or triangular, balcony. The room is the standard 179 square feet rather than the larger CC cabin that is 191 sf, and doesn't have the amenities, but at least you get a larger balcony. Just a suggestion if you don't want to spend the extra money CC but want something a little extra!

Is it worth the price difference to upgrade from a Veranda room to the Conceierge Class? Experienced Mille people, tell me what you think?
Turns out that's a "loaded question"! There's CC cabins on the M-Class ships, and then there's other CC cabins on the M-Class ships.

First value point: look through the list of amenities offered on Celebrity's web page and that you'll find discussed here at some length. Decide what value you would place on those, especially considering the length of your itinerary.

Second value point: realize that regardless of what CC cabin you get, you're also getting a noticably larger cabin with CC (these are the old Category 1 cabins) than you are with a regular veranda cabin (Category 2). Again, the length of your itinerary may effect how much you value the extra space. What's the extra space worth?

Last value point - possible deal maker: in the event that you would like to try one of the CC cabins in the very aft of the boat (looking right over the stern), and in the event that you can actually SNAG one of these (sometimes easy, sometimes not), you'll discover that you've got a MONSTER veranda of about 200+ square feet for the same $ that others who are in CC cabins are paying for 41 square foot verandas. You can hold quite a party out there, will always have truly adequate room for a meal, and it's especially nice on longer itineraries.

I could learn to live without the amenity list easily enough. When we go CC on an M-Class ship, it's always in an aft CC, and it's the cabin that makes the $ difference for us.

Here's a list of particularly "interesting" CC cabins, many of which are the aft (underscored) cabins mentioned above:

Deck 9 - 9043,9038,9201,9164,9162,9160

Deck 8 - 8045,8046,8185,8176,8172,8170

Deck 7 - 7203,7212,7208,7206

Deck 6 - 6135,6136,6143,6144

Pictures available in the link in the signature line below.

I've been on 13 cruses and found our outside guarantee on the Millie to be more that adaquite.. We usually book a balcony cabin or a suite, but a few cruises on the Zenith (no balcony's) cured me of that. I realized for me it was a waste of money. I would rather take two cruises a year. Then again, I live at the beach and stare at the ocean all day long for free.

For our sailing, the difference was $60 pp to book CC instead of balcony.

In addition to all the wonderful perks, it shouled also be noted that the extra $120 earns us the extra sailing credit. For us, this will boost us into the next level of Captain's Club, and then we can enjoy more benefits sooner.

to be under $100 PP for CC instead of 2C. But if that wasn't to be had, as we have seen 2007 prices that are $600 PP over, and we love AFT CC, we'd take a 2C in the range of 6016-6035. These have double size balconies and great unobstructed view of the front of the ship, yet on the side.

Hi Canderson, just reading thru some of the comments here and glad to see you have one of our cabins listed as a "goodie". We are in 8170 CC and are booked for February 19, 2007 - on the Constellation - can you believe. We are RCL cruisers (going on the Brilliance for the 3d time this Feb. 13th), but we're going to try the Constellation in 07 -- can't wait to experience CC class and the big balcony, altho we're in 9260 this Feb. and it has a huge aft balcony, too. We're lucky I guess, but we do book about 18 months in advance. Regarding the rooms on th 9th deck, we've been told the noise above can be annoying, people hanging over the edge and chairs constantly being moved, etc., etc. That's why we always book a room with rooms only above and below, we feel it's more likely to be quieter that way. Later

Hi Canderson, just reading thru some of the comments here and glad to see you have one of our cabins listed as a "goodie". We are in 8170 CC and are booked for February 19, 2007 - on the Constellation - can you believe. We are RCL cruisers (going on the Brilliance for the 3d time this Feb. 13th), but we're going to try the Constellation in 07 -- can't wait to experience CC class and the big balcony, altho we're in 9260 this Feb. and it has a huge aft balcony, too.
9260? I'm guessing you mean 9160. We were "next door" to that one on the Constellation in April.
We're lucky I guess, but we do book about 18 months in advance. Regarding the rooms on th 9th deck, we've been told the noise above can be annoying, people hanging over the edge and chairs constantly being moved, etc., etc. That's why we always book a room with rooms only above and below, we feel it's more likely to be quieter that way. Later
Glad to hear you scored 8170. We had that cabin on Infinity two years ago going through the Canal.

Again, we just didn't find the noise on 9 that big a deal, and you will have more covered veranda (where nobody could look down on you anyway) than the other CC cabins have for their entire veranda! The area closer to the railing is visible from above, but that's true for cabins on 7, 8 and 9 since things stagger out further as you get lower. We never found privacy to be an issue on any of these unless we wanted to get out into the sunny area on a day where you're aimed into the sun. As far as that goes, it applies all the way down to the penthouse suites on 6.

Archived