Glory Tours note...

wka_orlando

My family and I just returned from a cruise through Barbados and used Glory Tours. Had a great time and the tour was quite nice. Driver was very friendly and handled everything very well.

A few notes/comments...

Seems that Sarah/Glory is using some third party booking agents or just having a bit of trouble keeping the schedule straight.

STRONGLY SUGGEST that you keep contact with them and drop a note by email within a couple days of your trip to make sure you are on the books correctly. We were ok but two other parties we met were on the books for the wrong day even through they may or may not have been associated with the correct ship etc etc.

Anyhow, it cost us about an hour off of our time in the morning while the driver got everything straightened out and we did get pretty much our full tour time but do yourself a favor and double check your booking to make sure everything is cool.

Second, I would skip the lunch stop. We had some sour stomaches after. May have been unfamiliar fair but the 'shack' we ate at was out doors on a road and not much fun. Better to book a half day tour and eat before/after in familiar digs. The place is ok, but if it gets you, it kind of ruins the rest of the day. This is true of a lot of local places. Most are ok but if you are not used to them, better not to risk your afternoon....

All and all, we had a good tour with Glory and I recommend them to anyone interested. Just make sure you contact them directly to make sure everything is set up and not by way of a third party...

Happy Sailing!

WKA

Thanks for posting this feedback - we are booked with Glory Tours for this coming May... Good points to note!

We will definantly double check before leaving on the cruise that all is in order...

Thanks,

Barb

Here's one more good point to think about for your cruise:

We met some great folks while on board who had nothing planned for Barbados and really wanted to join our group. We emailed Sarah the night before from the ship and she accomodated them instantly. We were lucky that there were another 2 seats left on the van, but it was so nice to know that she was so quick in acting on our request to have them join us.

My family and I just returned from a cruise through Barbados and used Glory Tours. Had a great time and the tour was quite nice. Driver was very friendly and handled everything very well.

A few notes/comments...

Seems that Sarah/Glory is using some third party booking agents or just having a bit of trouble keeping the schedule straight.

STRONGLY SUGGEST that you keep contact with them and drop a note by email within a couple days of your trip to make sure you are on the books correctly. We were ok but two other parties we met were on the books for the wrong day even through they may or may not have been associated with the correct ship etc etc.

Anyhow, it cost us about an hour off of our time in the morning while the driver got everything straightened out and we did get pretty much our full tour time but do yourself a favor and double check your booking to make sure everything is cool.

Second, I would skip the lunch stop. We had some sour stomaches after. May have been unfamiliar fair but the 'shack' we ate at was out doors on a road and not much fun. Better to book a half day tour and eat before/after in familiar digs. The place is ok, but if it gets you, it kind of ruins the rest of the day. This is true of a lot of local places. Most are ok but if you are not used to them, better not to risk your afternoon....

All and all, we had a good tour with Glory and I recommend them to anyone interested. Just make sure you contact them directly to make sure everything is set up and not by way of a third party...

Happy Sailing!

WKA

i'm sorry to hear that you did not like the food... my bf and i thought it was great and it was so nice to have food from the island at a smaller place rather than a restaurant that was more "americanized", etc.

We were very pleased with the 'local' food and the quaint restaurant that Sarah picked for our lunch stop. Sarah even surprised one of the members of another group on our tour with a birthday cake.

Our entire day was memorable.

Highly recommend Glory Tours.

• 2 weeks later...

We all have different taste and point of view but Oka Orlando I went dec 05

and did the Best of Barbados. It was doing oever 20years that I havent been there! I was delight with the tour, and one thing that I asked before was if we could get flying fish for lunch and sarah told me yes.

such a good taste (with a local beer) flying fish at a colored, clean and tipical

restaurant on the road.

Local where there having a beer, felt so great!

I will try to attach the picture ..I never did that so lets try.

And if anyone goes at that restaurant, ask for flying fish.

Best to all

Archived