Italian Countryside & Catacombs O TOUR

riandei

Has anyone taken this tour offered by Oceania ? from Civitavecchia

Im interested in opinions on this tour ... it interests us but is very pricey and would love to hear any information from someone who has taken this tour first hand.

thank you

I did it a few years ago. I think we are talking about the same tour. We went to the Catacombs (Catacomb of Domitilla) in the morning, first; we stopped to see a portion of the original Appian Way; then to the vineyard/farm (Monte Due Torri) where we had a cooking demonstration (making gnocchi) while enjoying a snack; then we had a nice lunch; this was followed by a drive to the Papal Palace, Castel Gandolfo, overlooking Lake Albano.

Let me know what you want to know about it. I went on my own that day, my husband took a fall in Pompeii (bad reaction to the seasick patch he was wearing - the ship's doc took care of him and we were grateful!) and so he stayed behind that day. I really enjoyed the tour. But we are more prone to use ship's tours, and most folks here would point out you can probably manage more cheaply independently. This was a LONG day and I was grateful that it was a ships tour - the traffic in Rome can be unpredictable and we had no worries about our late return.

I did this in 2013.

Please feel free to PM me if I can help further.

Donna