Drink suggestions with low sugar or no sugar

Toya1228

Agave is extremely high levels of fructose. Anything ending in "ose" is a sugar. The OP is looking for low sugar.

Your response is incorrect. You need to do your research. You are thinking of agave nectar. Tequila has agavins which is WAYYYYYYYY different. Google it and get back to me.

Tequila does not raise blood sugar and may reduce it as it contains agavins which your body cannot process so it does not affect your blood sugar.

Edited by kdzkatz

Where did u find the skinny girl mix stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi- I bought it on Amazon and it was over priced. I've since seen a similar flavor at CVS but not skinny girl, I bet it's basically the same. I'll be buying it from CVS this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Your response is incorrect. You need to do your research. You are thinking of agave nectar. Tequila has agavins which is WAYYYYYYYY different. Google it and get back to me.

Tequila does not raise blood sugar and may reduce it as it contains agavins which your body cannot process so it does not affect your blood sugar.

Sure, Google and you'll find just as many articles talking both sides of this. I'm no doctor, and I don't really care. (To be honest, I'm not sure why the OP asked for this info on a cruise forum anyway). However, the question was about sugar. If you truly don't believe that fructose is a sugar, then I can't help you. Have a great night!

Sure, Google and you'll find just as many articles talking both sides of this. I'm no doctor, and I don't really care. (To be honest, I'm not sure why the OP asked for this info on a cruise forum anyway). However, the question was about sugar. If you truly don't believe that fructose is a sugar, then I can't help you. Have a great night!

Another useless post....why? I often wonder if you and LoveMyButler are one and the same....you two are cut from the same cloth. You have a wonderful night as well!

OP, I hope you look into tequila maybe being an option for a beverage.

Edited by kdzkatz

Well LrgPizza, I asked the question just like others ask questions. I wanted to know other suggestions and if they ordered special drinks for either no sugar or low sugar. I did not know that we had to ask only about the cruise ship itself. No need for the negativity. To many things in this world to be negative about. If you do not want to respond then don't. Thanks for the info anyway.

Well LrgPizza, I asked the question just like others ask questions. I wanted to know other suggestions and if they ordered special drinks for either no sugar or low sugar. I did not know that we had to ask only about the cruise ship itself. No need for the negativity. To many things in this world to be negative about. If you do not want to respond then don't. Thanks for the info anyway.

I understand. My point was that you'll probably find better info about alcohol and diabetes elsewhere. Or maybe not. Good luck in your research, though.

I understand. My point was that you'll probably find better info about alcohol and diabetes elsewhere. Or maybe not. Good luck in your research, though.

I don't think you do understand. The OP very well could be gathering information from more than one source. I wish the post count would only score useful posts. I think the "5000+ club" would lose a member to the "still waiting for a useful post club".

Have a wonderful day....:p

To the OP, I hope you are able to find some acceptable beverage options for your parents. It is a shame you have to weed through completely unnecessary and unhelpful posts to try and gather any information that may help.

I may get flamed here. I am a type 1 diabetic who enjoys a frilly drink from time to time while cruising. I just take insulin to cover it. And I read the drink menu and talk to the bartender to try and get one that is not quite as sugar filled as others. For example, if a pina colada is made with fresh pineapple, then less syrup or juice is needed. Same with a fresh mango daiquiri. A small mimosa made with oj and champagne... etc. Flavored rums and vodkas tend to be sugar sweetened, so I stick with drinks that use regular rum or vodka and are flavored another way. If I have a drink like this, I may skip dessert.

Deb

Hi!

I am going on the BA soon with my husband and 2 kids and I am so glad that my parents will be able to join me. Believe it or not but my parents have never really been on a nice vacation. They work so hard and deserve a break so I am dragging them along with me. My question is about the alcoholic drinks. Are there any drink suggestion that have either a sugar free option or a low sugar option. I know the basic Rum and diet coke but since my mom is diabetic I wanted to be able to help her pick something at the bar other than that. Has anyone ordered a "sugar-free" version of some drinks?? I want her to be able to relax with a slushy drink in her hand. Thanks for any suggestions.

While not slushy, a mojito minus that simple syrup and using diet sprite would work!

You could ask for vodka/gin sodas and bring your own water enhancers (mio, crystal light, and margaritaville even makes a sugar free Margarita one!) You could also squirt these into slushy ice.

Not sure if you're willing to bring drinks with you but LaCroix seltzer waters make great mixers as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

I have Type 1 Diabetes, so I keep a pretty close eye on my carbs.

Typically I'll have diet coke and a flavored vodka (vanilla, cherry, even raspberry). You can also have vodka or gin and soda water (no tonic), a little squeeze of lemon or lime in there makes it a bit nicer.

A glass of dry white or red wine isn't too bad re: carbs. A glass or two a day won't make your blood sugar go crazy. Because I take insulin I'll occasionally indulge in a couple of beers, but I do take insulin for those.

The slushy drinks are a big no though :( For years I've been dying to have a Pina Colada or one of those slushy drinks, but I just can't.

One other thing you could try, that I haven't done, is to bring crystal light (they even have a few alcoholic drink flavored ones), and you can get a small glass of water, add the crystal light and then a shot of vodka or rum. I've done it before on land, it's not amazing, but it's different than drinking soda.