Haven't cruised in a while and need some advice on this NCL cruise.

sandman512

So, I have not cruised in a few years. Past cruises include Celebrity(20 years ago), Carnival(went with my now wife, great time), Holland America(Alaska, nice time and Carnival(Kids came along and we gave this a shot, it was fun.) So, looking to take wife, three kids (16,12,10) to Bermuda on the NCl Breakaway leaving NY on 8/21. Was getting quoted prices and rates and they were able to offer me a Ocean View Family Suite on Deck 5 to accommodate the 5 of us. Looking for some advice, input on this setup or if anyone has any advice to offer. Also, general input on this cruise? Thanks!

If you have your actual cabin number, you can search cruise critic for mentions of this actual cabin. I wasn't aware there were ocean view family suites on deck 5. I thought anything with the word suite in it usually was on a higher deck. As I said, I don't know for certain, but I'm mentioning this since it is your first NCL cruise and I wouldn't want you to be disappointed in your cabin. The word "suite" does bring certain amenities to mind.

I'm sure someone will chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

If you google it https://www.google.com/search?q=ocean+view+family+suite+ncl+breakaway&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=imnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwic8rOTxbLLAhUkg4MKHZAGAHcQ_AUIBygB&biw=1024&bih=672#imgrc=iSE-pkXjLqzdyM%3A

you can see pictures and floor plans. They sleep 5, 2 in the main bed, 2 in the pull out sofa, and 1 in the upper berth.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Here is a link to a youtube video showing one of the family oceanviews on deck 5 with the beds set up to sleep 5. Two on the main bed, two on the couch bed and one on the upper bed that drops down from the ceiling. Kind of cute, she calls it a suite. The proper name is Family Oceanview Stateroom with Large Picture Window (category 01).

Here's another video - more time spent on the bathroom and video shows the room before beds are turned down.