POM Check in & Boarding ?

DebbieMo

We will be leaving from POM in June & I set our check in time for 10:30-11am. We do not have FTTF, don't have a suite and since it's our first cruise we are not diamond or platinum. How much waiting to board do you think we have? Should I change our check in time to later or do we have a fair chance of getting on the ship before 12pm?

I know there is no definite but please share your experience and/or advice.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

At POM, I've generally had great luck getting to the port early--around 10:30--and being among the first "regular" passengers on board. Our lines have always been short and moved very quickly, both for security and checking in. Sometimes, we've even been able to board before noon if the ship is cleared early. YMMV, of course, but I'd go with the early boarding, personally. The port waiting area is perfectly comfortable, and with a book or music I've never felt like I was wasting time.

Edited to add: this was before the staggered check in. I've not experienced that, but I'd think it only improves your chances!

Edited by violetsmile

If you want to be first on, then keep the time slot. If you want to minimize the wait, then get a 2:00 pm time slot.

If you show up towards the end of the 10:30-11:00 time slot, you should have one of the earliest boarding numbers. But, you might need to wait until Noon or later to board. Ideally, they start boarding Priority People around 11:30 before they get to you.

Note: You can always show up after your time slot, but not earlier. So, you might want to keep the time slot, with the real decision being when do you want to go. Maybe show up around Noon. By then, they should have started boarding, and with staggered check-in, the lines should be reasonable.

Edited by richmke