eVisa for Indian Cruise

Hi cruisers,

I was wondering if anyone can please tell me if the eVisa to India can be used by cruise ship passengers?

Then I was thinking to go to Cambodia after my cruise, has anyone ever applied for their eVisa? I found a few sites but wanted to know what people experienced in the past.

Please advise me!

I think (thought I am not sure) that the eVisa for India is only valid for entry at certain airports and therefore would not be able to be used by passengers entering India by ship.

The best place to check would be either the eVisa website or the Indian Consulate/Embassy.

bronbeth is correct - someone else asked about this not long ago, and the eVisas are most definitely restricted to air arrivals at specific airports only. India offers MANY different visas, including Group options, so the most sensible thing to do is first check with your cruiseline whether they are able to include you on a group visa - though if you plan to independently stay after the cruise you're probably best to go straight for a multiple-entry personal visa even if they can stick you in with a group.

No idea about Cambodian visas, but in general when it comes to immigration matters it's always better to go straight to the horses mouth - official government websites, or consulates/embassies of the relevant country, to ensure you get the current info at the correct price (many different third-parties will happily sell you their services to secure an eVisa, ESTA. eTA, etc. for even very well-known countries like Australia, USA, Canada at a marked up price!)