Are taxis available at Pleasure Pier?

loricfam

We are taking our first cruise out of Galveston in a week. We are flying in a day early so I thought DH and I would take our kids, 12 and 9, to Pleasure Pier for the afternoon and evening and have dinner out. We will not have a car so we'll need a taxi. Our hotel is the Hampton, near Seawall Blvd and 60th. Google map shows it to be 8 minutes/3.2 mile drive to Pleasure Pier. I figure it will be easy enough to call a cab from the hotel to get to Pleasure Pier. But when we leave Pleasure Pier, are there taxis available and waiting? Or do we need to call one? How much do you think the cab fare is?

Are there other things near Pleasure Pier that you would recommend checking out? Since we won't have a car I'm looking for things in walking distance to the pier. I've heard about the Pink Tram so was thinking about that. Any recommendations for dinner in walking distance to Pleasure Pier that would be near a taxi stand so we can get back to our hotel after dinner?

We are taking our first cruise out of Galveston in a week. We are flying in a day early so I thought DH and I would take our kids, 12 and 9, to Pleasure Pier for the afternoon and evening and have dinner out. We will not have a car so we'll need a taxi. Our hotel is the Hampton, near Seawall Blvd and 60th. Google map shows it to be 8 minutes/3.2 mile drive to Pleasure Pier. I figure it will be easy enough to call a cab from the hotel to get to Pleasure Pier. But when we leave Pleasure Pier, are there taxis available and waiting? Or do we need to call one? How much do you think the cab fare is?

Are there other things near Pleasure Pier that you would recommend checking out? Since we won't have a car I'm looking for things in walking distance to the pier. I've heard about the Pink Tram so was thinking about that. Any recommendations for dinner in walking distance to Pleasure Pier that would be near a taxi stand so we can get back to our hotel after dinner?

there may be , but you can always get cell # from first taxi driver and he will come back to pick you up. Chick filet, fish tales , Miller cafe ,bubba Gump , spot , Joe's Crab Shack , queens BBQ and more are in walking distance.

Edited by ssb

Things to do but not necessarily walking distance:

Moody gardens.com (massive )

Schlterbaun Waterpark (large )

Galvestonhistory.org (lots) and tour

Children's museum

Moodymansion

railroad museum

Oil industry and drilling museum

Submarine and destroyer at park

Airplanes museum

Short films on Pirates,immigration and 1900 Great Storm