1st time cruiser?

littlehetty1

Hi I'm cruising for the 1st time so only doing a 2nt Britannia cruise just to see if I like it ;) I will be travelling with my mum (78) and daughter (16) we have cabin A 248 and as I don't know anything about cruising I just wanted to know if anyone has any advice like where to eat and shows and stuff? :D thanks in advance everyone.

Hello littlehetty1 welcome to Cruise Critic Forums, as well as posting here on the first cruisers board you might find some good advice about the Britannia if you Post on the P&O board.

Where to eat, on the Britannia there are 3 main dining rooms 1 for set dining times and 2 for freedom dining. The food in the evenings in each of these is the same menu. One of these dining rooms will be open each day for breakfast and lunch and even if you are not allocated that dining room for an evening meal you can still go there. There will be different menus each day and waiter service.

There is also the Buffet where food can be found 24hrs a day, breakfast, lunch, dinner and nighttime snacks.

Which type of breakfast and lunch you prefer will depend on your own personality, some like to have a waiter bring their meal to them as a touch of luxury on holiday, others like the ease that going to the buffet offers them.

There are also the select dining venues, where you pay a cover charge for a different style of food Sindhu is an Indian fusion restaraunt, The Glasshouse is a wine bar that also has fish and Chips, steak and chips etc. The Beachhouse is more of a US style grill which serves things like steak that you cook for yourself on a hot rock, Ribs and sizzling chicken, it is located in one part of the buffet each evening. The Epicurean is the expensive fine dining venue which has haute cuisine. There is also a deli where meal platters of breads, meat and cheese can be purchased.