Guaranteed Balcony on the Getaway

Hello all! My wife and I are looking to sail on the Getaway on May 15th I see where right not NCL is offering 2 packages (you pick from 4 but we would pick the Dining and Beverage Package) if you book a Balcony or higher room. We have been on the Getaway before and we loved it. My question is: Is there such thing as a bad balcony room on the Getaway? We were thinking of doing the Guaranteed balcony just due to the price difference, we usually just do an interior room, but have always wanted stay in a balcony. The final price for the balcony and 2 packages comes to around 2100.00 seems like a really good deal to me. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

The CruisingFireMedic

I also have a guarantee balcony on the Getaway the week after you.

From what I have read I don't think there really is a bad balcony on the getaway. You could end up being just above the waterfront or the lifeboats, so looking down you would see that instead of the water. But looking ahead the view should be great!

Hey Fire Medic! My wife and I are booked for a guaranteed balcony on the Getaway the same week you're looking. When I booked the balcony guarantee was cheaper than the inside. From what I hear the only "bad" balconys are right above the waterfront and lifeboats. Ironically I use the same Firemedic SN for other message boards.

I'm booked in a guarantee balcony on that sailing. We had an inside booked then there was a significant price drop and the guarantee balcony was definitely the better deal. The previous posters have the same info I do. I can't wait to find out my balcony room though.

If you book it you should join our roll call! Good luck deciding! :)

I've had a guarantee balcony several times, and have always ended up on Deck 12 or higher. We are sailing the Getaway again in 2 weeks and were just assigned 12216 about 2 weeks ago. Maybe I've just gotten lucky, but I don't think there are any "obstructed" views as some may worry about. Maybe down to the lifeboats, but not looking straight out. Anyone who looks down will see lifeboats, just from a different distance :p

I would book it. Even Deck 8 only has rooms on 1/3 of it, so the chances of you ending up there are much lower than all the other decks combined.

Plus...balcony always beats inside. Happy cruising~ :)

I've had a guarantee balcony several times, and have always ended up on Deck 12 or higher. We are sailing the Getaway again in 2 weeks and were just assigned 12216 about 2 weeks ago. Maybe I've just gotten lucky, but I don't think there are any "obstructed" views as some may worry about. Maybe down to the lifeboats, but not looking straight out. Anyone who looks down will see lifeboats, just from a different distance :p

Thats awesome you always end up on the higher decks!

I know you said you were assigned your cabin 2 weeks ago. Just curious how long it took from when you booked to find out your cabin #?

I know you said you were assigned your cabin 2 weeks ago. Just curious how long it took from when you booked to find out your cabin #?

It was only about 2 weeks. We sail March 27 and only booked it about a month ago. I'm not sure how they do it...we normally only book our cruises 1 or 2 months in advance, so I don't know if it's in relation to the booking or the sailing, since they are usually so close together for us.

It could also be based on how full the ship is getting.

EDIT: I went back and looked at my emails. We booked 2/15, and received the assignment 2/23 for our sailing on 3/27. So it was actually more like a week!

Edited by zackarykeef
Added info

It was only about 2 weeks. We sail March 27 and only booked it about a month ago. I'm not sure how they do it...we normally only book our cruises 1 or 2 months in advance, so I don't know if it's in relation to the booking or the sailing, since they are usually so close together for us.

It could also be based on how full the ship is getting.

EDIT: I went back and looked at my emails. We booked 2/15, and received the assignment 2/23 for our sailing on 3/27. So it was actually more like a week!

Thanks for letting me know! Have a great cruise.

I booked an inside in January, but just upgraded to a guarantee balcony 2 weeks ago. My cruise isn't until May 22 so I bet I'll be waiting a while yet!

I am cruising on the GETAWAY this Sunday, March 13th. I also booked a guaranteed balcony cabin about two months ago. I took the Beverage package and the Excursion package. For the excursion package I get a credit of $50 a day for every port towards an excursion. I have booked an excursion for every port, NCL was very helpful.

I was assigned my cabin, 9780, about two weeks ago. I have seen pictures of it online, I am very happy with it. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a great deal on a balcony and the two packages. A great deal!

I am cruising on May 1st and I just upgraded from a studio to a guaranteed. Waiting to hear on my room assignment. I did ask the agent about obstructed views and she said oh no I would be just fine on the Getaway. Glad to see someone did get lucky with higher decks as my friends have an assigned balcony on 12. Happy cruising!!

I booked about 3 1/2 weeks ago on the sailing for this Sunday. My stateroom was assigned about a week ago: deck 9 aft, right above Moderno. So, my view will be partially obstructed by the roof of Moderno, but I won't have to worry about noise and I'll still have a fairly quiet place to sit outside. A decent trade-off, considering the money saved.

I also have a guarantee balcony on the Getaway the week after you.

From what I have read I don't think there really is a bad balcony on the getaway. You could end up being just above the waterfront or the lifeboats, so looking down you would see that instead of the water. But looking ahead the view should be great!

We are on the same cruise! You should join our roll call! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2226462

Edited by Time4wine

Ok guys I'm confused. I am planning on booking a gt balcony today for March 27 getaway but it says that the promo does not apply to guarantee categories. What's the trick?

Try booking through a travel sight such as Expedia. That's where I booked a guarantee balcony about 4 weeks out. Still got the 2 "free" offers. Also, couldn't get a guarantee balcony on one site because Expedia presumably had it reserved. Good Luck!