Live from the Escape - 3/12/2016

CinAndTheCity

That sounds like one expensive (all impacts considered) medical evacuation. I hope everyone is okay.

If you're gonna miss a port, I suppose Nassau would be near the top of my list. Personally, a couple of sea days sounds rather great right now!

We changed our clocks (1 hour ahead for DST) on Sunday morning at 2 AM (or before going to bed on Saturday night). When we got to St. Thomas we were on the same time as they were since they don't do DST.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thank you!!

Well they just announced that we will be skipping Nassau because there was an emergency early this morning (we heard a helicopter). We went off course towards Puerto Rico by about 110 nautical miles and the PR coast guard came in with the helicopter to evacuate the passenger. So tomorrow will be another sea day.

Wow, last week they stopped in Nassau for a medical emergency. Hopefully it turns out ok. I was on the Feb 27th sailing. Loving seeing your reviews....

Nassau was my least favorite port. We docked with so many other ships it was crazy. Hope people get their $$ back for the excursions. Enjoy you sea day.

Loving your review! I can't wait to sail on her in August. I hope they still have all star bartenders on her since I will be alone and will likely just be forcing the bartenders to be my friends :)

Curious how becoming a beer aficionado has been going? Also does DPH have any sour beers?

Tonight's MDR dinner menu

660c3be4bb8337bffb6ad4b2d2c7557c.jpg

Is that Prime Rib Roast I see on last night's menu? I thought that it was an up charge now.

Do you recall seeing braised beef short ribs on the MDR menu?

Loving your review! I can't wait to sail on her in August. I hope they still have all star bartenders on her since I will be alone and will likely just be forcing the bartenders to be my friends :)

Curious how becoming a beer aficionado has been going? Also does DPH have any sour beers?

Chair is the current aficionado with 54 uniques[emoji482] They don't have any sours unfortunately, I like those. For me the trip has actually been more about cocktails since I'd already had many of the beers on tap, and there was no way I was going to compete in the contest!

I did the ropes course! They have an obstacle that I consider scary (one of the long thin beams out near the edge of the ship) as the first one and I almost went back down the stairs, but I mustered up the courage and I'm glad I did. It's so fun! We were allowed to use our GoPro with head mount.

I did the ropes course! They have an obstacle that I consider scary (one of the long thin beams out near the edge of the ship) as the first one and I almost went back down the stairs, but I mustered up the courage and I'm glad I did. It's so fun! We were allowed to use our GoPro with head mount.

Is there a age or height requirement to do the rope course?

My 11 year old LIVED on the ropes course. He was finally asked after doing the zipline a bunch of times to come back thru the line again, because he was on the ropes course too long. LOL

LOL...I felt the same way! I was in bit of a wine haze when I saw them and momentarily thought I'd lost a day.

I handed the papers to our butler and told her to bring them tomorrow. I was kidding, of course, and she laughed.

Thanks for your reports.......I'm jealous!

What is this nonsense? We still have like 2 days left!

471eccef87675dc8083c2c19d240cd94.jpg

This was me on the Getaway's ropes course. First thing I did was a beam at the edge and it really freaked me out. It messes with your head without even really looking. My first thought was "I'm done!" but I didn't want to be a wuss in front of my hubby. I pushed on. I'm so glad I did because I really got comfortable with myself and had such a fabulous time. Cannot wait to do the ropes course with the whole family on Escape!

I almost had a panic attack when I saw that was the first obstacle. I was ready to turn around myself until a crew member came running over and helped me get through a few obstacles, including one of the zip lines. He was awesome! I was thankful we were in port. If we were moving, I never would have done it!

I am glad you got through it too! And hey, you did it on a sea day! You rock!! :)

All of the evening movies at Spice have been PG-13 or less so far. They showed The Lego Movie, Skyfall, Ant Man, and Back to the Future.

Thanks for taking the time to answer! Have a great last 36 hours on the ship!

Awesome! Is the wifi in only public places or was it good to bad in the cabin?

Would you purchase it again?

The wifi actually isn't bad. It works in cabins and everywhere else on the ship. It's expensive, but I'd say it's worth it if you really want to stay connected.

Awesome! Is the wifi in only public places or was it good to bad in the cabin?

Would you purchase it again?

The wifi actually isn't bad. It works in cabins and everywhere else on the ship. It's expensive

On the evening news last night: A $2.5 million yacht called 'Positive Energy' was consumed and destroyed by fire in the U.S. Virgin Island of St. Thomas.

Here's a link to a story about the fire...http://viconsortium.com/featured/yacht-called-positive-energy-burns-ashes-yacht-haven-grande/

From the article...

"The Consortium spoke with officials at the West Indian Company (W.I.C.O.) this afternoon, who witnessed and participated in containing the fire, along with the Virgin Islands Fire Service, and fire crews from the Norwegian Escape, as well as teams from the MSC Divina and Carnival Valor."

At Tobacco Road - a smoke fashion and the Chile mule which is a little spicy and very tasty, I wish I'd tried it sooner

7d81cad8be5bec1a3ae067a369816fb9.jpg

Did you get a chance to try the famed Liquid Marijuana from my spreadsheet? Doug struck out on one of his last nights in the Skyline when trying to order one but in his defense he didn't have the recipe on him and I think he ran into a sub-par bartender. :D

Liquid Marijuana Eqaul parts: Cap. Morgan SP Rum, Blue Curacao, Malibu, Midori, P.A. Juice, S&S

It's a bit on the sweeter side and if you don't prefer sweet, try this one:

Cagneys Signature SPEAKEASY Martini / Southern Comfort, apricot brandy, Grand Marnier and Prosecco.