OBC! from Shore Excursion Guarantee

nc350

I just got a lovely email from Carnival that all my visiting on these boards paid off!:) I booked an excursion from Carnival because I truly did not want the hassle of doing something when we got off the ship in port I just wanted to relax. I saw the price guarantee when I booked it but really never gave it another thought...... Two days ago I was searching around and found the tour we are doing had a cheaper price somewhere else. Have been watching all the price guarantee etc on here and it made a light bulb go off! Filled out the form on Carnival's website and a $60.48 OBC for me! Yeah... DH and I will gladly put that towards a tour the vineyards package! Thanks :D:D:D:D

Yay, OP, congrats!

For Pkrpec and any others who may not know about it:

http://www.carnival.com/content/shore-excursion-best-price-guarantee.aspx

"Like most Carnival guests, you're planning some fun ashore during your upcoming cruise...and like everyone, you want that shore excursion at the best price. Booking yours through Carnival is not only easier and more reliable, but will make your wallet happy too.

Here's how it works:

• Purchase one of our amazing Carnival Shore Excursions! If you find that shore excursion elsewhere for a lower price, submit your claim online.
  • Within 48 hours, you will be notified if your claim meets the Best Price Guarantee’s criteria.
  • If your claim is accepted, you will receive 110% of the difference in price to enjoy in the form of an onboard credit.
  • The following restriction applies: Carnival’s Best Price Guarantee only applies to shore excursions that are advertised with pricing and publicly available."

I can't figure out why anyone would choose a ship excursion over a private one.

But if you are happy, I guess that is what counts.

DH has some mobility issues that keep him from walking very far and certainly not very fast ... thus we're come up with a rule of thumb that works for us. If a tour we want is within an area where we can grab a taxi if we need to get back to the ship we book a private. If we're going out into the wilds :D we book with the ship so we don't get left behind. There's no way DH could walk back or hurry to not miss the ship if there's a problem like the transportation breaks down.

I went on a CCL tour in Belize. The ship was to sail at 5 (not to mention the tender trip out to the ship), At 5 pm our tour bus was stuck in traffic in the middle of the main drag. It was reassuring to know the ship wasn't leaving without us :D

Print a copy of the email and make sure you show it to guest services once you're on board. I had a shore excursion match credit last week. It never got applied and I had to call once I got back. Either way you'll get the credit, just figured you might want it on board instead of waiting for Carnival to mail you a check.

DH has some mobility issues that keep him from walking very far and certainly not very fast ... thus we're come up with a rule of thumb that works for us. If a tour we want is within an area where we can grab a taxi if we need to get back to the ship we book a private. If we're going out into the wilds :D we book with the ship so we don't get left behind. There's no way DH could walk back or hurry to not miss the ship if there's a problem like the transportation breaks down.

I went on a CCL tour in Belize. The ship was to sail at 5 (not to mention the tender trip out to the ship), At 5 pm our tour bus was stuck in traffic in the middle of the main drag. It was reassuring to know the ship wasn't leaving without us :D

We have never been stuck in traffic in Belize because we are in a nice mini van with a driver that knows their way around town.

I will never get on another one of those big tour buses. They are always the ones getting back late.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Carnival offered 20% off excursions if we booked them within 48 hours of making our final payment. Helped reduce the price difference between Carnival vs. Private.

The excursions we wanted got us first off the Ship (didn't have to pay for FTTF).

Two of the excursions were the entire time of the docking. In fact, one of the excursions ended up arriving 20 minutes after last tender back to the Ship. We didn't have to worry about being left behind.

I usually choose private tour companies because you get better tours for less money, but with Belize I am considering a ship excursion. Between the tender time, and all of the excursions being so far away, a lot could go wrong that could make you miss that last tender back. Also, a ship excursion would get you on a tender earlier without having to buy FTTF.

Print a copy of the email and make sure you show it to guest services once you're on board. I had a shore excursion match credit last week. It never got applied and I had to call once I got back. Either way you'll get the credit, just figured you might want it on board instead of waiting for Carnival to mail you a check.

Thank you so much for the advice!!! I do have it printed and that was my fear.... it has been changed in my activities section online so I think I should be ok but.... I'm planning to use my credit for cruising the vineyards :cool::D so...... I want to be prepared