Help Me Remember Which Beach I Snorkled

Megali

This might be a tall order, but I'm respectfully asking for help determining which beach I went to in Barbados in November 2004. I understand a lot changes in 12 years, but we loved it then and would like to go back, but frustratingly, I cannot recall the name at all.

Clues to help:

- While I don't recall how long a taxi ride it was from the port, I know it wasn't terribly long.

- I seem to recall a few fancy hotels being nearby.

- We rented snorkel gear right at the location. There were bathrooms.

- To the right of the beach area, there was a food shack, at which we got a great flying fish sandwich.

- There was a reef right off the beach. We saw all sorts of fish and I spotted a sea turtle, though my husband didn't. The water was very shallow in parts and the reef was right there - I remember having to be careful not to let the undertow carry me in to the shallow section because otherwise I could risk touching the reef with my feet when kicking.

I have image searched and looked at YouTube videos of several beaches but none seem quite right.

This might be a tall order, but I'm respectfully asking for help determining which beach I went to in Barbados in November 2004. I understand a lot changes in 12 years, but we loved it then and would like to go back, but frustratingly, I cannot recall the name at all.

Clues to help:

- While I don't recall how long a taxi ride it was from the port, I know it wasn't terribly long.

- I seem to recall a few fancy hotels being nearby.

- We rented snorkel gear right at the location. There were bathrooms.

- To the right of the beach area, there was a food shack, at which we got a great flying fish sandwich.

- There was a reef right off the beach. We saw all sorts of fish and I spotted a sea turtle, though my husband didn't. The water was very shallow in parts and the reef was right there - I remember having to be careful not to let the undertow carry me in to the shallow section because otherwise I could risk touching the reef with my feet when kicking.

I have image searched and looked at YouTube videos of several beaches but none seem quite right.

While I am not sure what "wasn't terribly long" is:) as that maybe relative. On the Island a 15/20 minute drive to anyplace is "a bit long".

You may however be describing the Folkstone Marine Park which his on the West Coast of the island and not too far from a slew of fancy hotels.

Thanks, Keith for your reply! In doing some image searches, it seems familiar. Of course, there is the passage of time since and any changes that have happened in those years! Regardless, you've been a help and I thank you again.

Thanks, Keith for your reply! In doing some image searches, it seems familiar. Of course, there is the passage of time since and any changes that have happened in those years! Regardless, you've been a help and I thank you again.

You are welcome. Feel free to ask any more questions, I will be more than happy to help where I can:).