Little French Key

jnh1

Hello,

We are in Roatan from 10 - 5 on the Emerald Princess. Do we have enough time to enjoy LFK and get our money's worth?

Would love to hear from others that have been there as to how long it took to actually arrive on the island. I read from one poster that they had to wait 30 minutes at the port for the driver to arrive....which that cuts into your island time.

Appreciate any info.

thanks.

1 hour at LFK is better than 8 hours at most other ports.

I've only been once, in December, and it was the best part of the entire cruise. It was an afterthought, we had no reservations, and we didn't go until almost lunchtime.

Still... best part of the cruise. Bar none.

I saw LFK has a zoo of type.

Do they have lots of monkeys and can you pet and carry them?

That is the most important thing on my wife's must do in Honduras

Thank you!

Yes... when you get there, they usually have a tiny little capuchin that they will place on you... you can't grab him, you just have to be still and he climbs on you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yes... when you get there, they usually have a tiny little capuchin that they will place on you... you can't grab him, you just have to be still and he climbs on you.

Yep, they won't let you hold him any more. You have to stand there with your arms crossed while they put the money on you. Looks more like they want tips for doing that. I was happy with just having him grab my finger while it was in the cage. Big change from the last time I was there.

How was the food at LFK? I can't decide if I want to include the lunch ad 2 drinks in the price. There are four of us 2 adults 2 kids, and the wife and I don't drink so I don't know it the extra 30 per person is worth it. But good food would make me lean towards it.

We get the package where food is included. It's great food. With that said, order any food well before getting hungry. Both times, we've been there, we've had a significant wait time between giving our order to the waiter and actually getting the food. The waiters are BAD about not putting in your food orders.

How was the food at LFK? I can't decide if I want to include the lunch ad 2 drinks in the price. There are four of us 2 adults 2 kids, and the wife and I don't drink so I don't know it the extra 30 per person is worth it. But good food would make me lean towards it.

You can just order food and pay as you go. I didn't see anyone finish their food, so you could easily share.

Two drinks average about $14. Lunch, the mix plate with beef chicken shrimp and lobster, is $22. So you are getting $36 worth of food and drink ($38 if you drink Long Island Iced Teas)

If you don't drink mixed drinks, and you would rather have nachos, then you are better off ordering your food and drink a la carte.