Doing our own thing in Puerto Vallarta

bonzijam

Hi. We've decided to have our own fun in Puerto Vallarta and walking along their Malecon. I just need suggestions as to where we should have the taxi drop us off. ALSO does anybody know where that chain linked bridge is? We found it once but couldn't find it during our second visit to PV. Thanks for your help.

The bridge is over the Rio Cuale. That's a good place for a taxi to drop you off.

We usually go a touch further to Calle (Ave?) Basilio Badillo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The bridge is over the Rio Cuale. That's a good place for a taxi to drop you off.

We usually go a touch further to Calle (Ave?) Basilio Badillo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Would the driver know what bridge I'm talking about if I told him to take me there?

Yes, no problem. Just tell him Rio Cuale near Malecon. Check google maps to see how to walk from there and also how to get to the Malecon from there.

If we decide to take the bus, what type of signage or bus color do we need to look for to get downtown?

Look for a white bus with blue trim that has Centro on the window. Avoid those that have Tunel on the window.

The bus will turn off the main road at the beginning of the malecon and parallel that until you get a couple of blocks from the Rio Cuale, then the streets merge and you cross the bridge over the river. Get off at the first or second stop and go toward the ocean to the malecon. The bus trip is about four miles from the port.

The swinging bridge you referred to can be accessed by going off the malecon on the island in the middle of the river and walking up away from the ocean.

To return to the port by bus, go off the malecon away from the ocean until you see a street with buses going toward the port. The same kind of bus will have WalMart and Sams on the window. You will be able to see the ship when you get close to the port.

Edited by swedish weave