soft drinks/water

ReeeB

Did you check it with your luggage when you got to the port, or did you have to lug it on yourself and wait for your room to be ready? If you checked it with your luggage, did you put it in a duffle bag or something?

We were on the Getaway and brought a case of water for each cabin. We were prepared with an extra luggage tag and tape, so when we got to the port, we taped the luggage tag to the case of water and dropped it off with the porters along with our luggages. Each case of water were brought to each cabins without any problems.

Did you check it with your luggage when you got to the port, or did you have to lug it on yourself and wait for your room to be ready? If you checked it with your luggage, did you put it in a duffle bag or something?

Actually, I buy a case of 12 oz diet Coke bottles, and a case of 24 oz bottles of water when they are on sale at home. I leave them wrapped in their original packaging until we're ready to travel to the port. I then wrap them in heat shrink wrapping, available at most office supply stores, and put a luggage tag inside the last several layers and tape the whole thing closed with clear packing tape. A hair dryer tightens the plastic wrap. When I get to the port, it's unloaded with the rest of my luggage. I've been doing it for years and was only questioned once, in Tampa. The porters told me NCL prohibits bringing on your own soft drinks. I asked them to have one of the NCL officers come over and explain that to me. After some discussion with their supervisor, and some radio traffic, they packed the beverages away on a luggage cart, and we received it later in our stateroom. No problem;)

I have brought water on before. Just make sure you print out an extra luggage tag and secure it to the case of water. I wrap duct tape around the case to make it stable for transport. I use very wide clear scotch tape to cover and secure the baggage tag. The clear tape makes it easy to read and protects it from running because of rain.