Is FTTF loosing some of its value with the new staggered check in?

cmptrwiz

If Carnival was smart (and that's a big "if"), they would give FTTF the earliest Check-in Times, and the earliest Boarding Group (after Diamond/Platinum/Weddings). Then you can show up when you want, and board when you want. That would help maintain some of its value.

There is no if at all. Actually with FTTF the Check in Time doesn't matter, and we do get the earliest boarding time after Diamond/Platinum/Weddings anyway. So we can show up and check in when we want. In my opinion FTTF is more valuable now, because an early check in time might not be available.

There is no if at all. Actually with FTTF the Check in Time doesn't matter, and we do get the earliest boarding time after Diamond/Platinum/Weddings anyway. So we can show up and check in when we want. In my opinion FTTF is more valuable now, because an early check in time might not be available.

Ditto!

To some extent Yes. The previous 2 cruises I had FTTF and enjoyed some of the benefits (early boarding, early luggage arrival and easy tender). The last cruise I was on this month, I couldn't get FTTF as it was a last minute trip. And this cruise was the first time with Staggered check in at Galveston. Staggered check in works really well if you can plan your arrival to the port. I got the 10:30 - 11:00 check in and we were in the waiting area in less than 15 mins from the time i entered the port. No more long queues or general crowding around the port entry like our earlier experiences (at least in Galveston). Boarding is still Marriage/priority/FTTF and by Zone. So we boarded probably about 30 mins later than we have done using FTTF. The room was ready about an hour after we normally have it ready. I rarely use guest services and so I didnt miss that. We had a tender port, so I had to remember to go and get the tender tickets and wait there. I will still buy it if its available, but I really didn't miss it much. But $60 is really not much in the big scheme of things for a lot of ppl who cruise or vacation many times a year. Let's see how the dialogue changes if Carnival charges $90/person for FTTF and offers staggered check in

To some extent Yes. The previous 2 cruises I had FTTF and enjoyed some of the benefits (early boarding, early luggage arrival and easy tender). The last cruise I was on this month, I couldn't get FTTF as it was a last minute trip. And this cruise was the first time with Staggered check in at Galveston. Staggered check in works really well if you can plan your arrival to the port. I got the 10:30 - 11:00 check in and we were in the waiting area in less than 15 mins from the time i entered the port. No more long queues or general crowding around the port entry like our earlier experiences (at least in Galveston). Boarding is still Marriage/priority/FTTF and by Zone. So we boarded probably about 30 mins later than we have done using FTTF. The room was ready about an hour after we normally have it ready. I rarely use guest services and so I didnt miss that. We had a tender port, so I had to remember to go and get the tender tickets and wait there. I will still buy it if its available, but I really didn't miss it much. But $60 is really not much in the big scheme of things for a lot of ppl who cruise or vacation many times a year. Let's see how the dialogue changes if Carnival charges $90/person for FTTF and offers staggered check in

I can not imagine anyone being willing to pay $90.00 a person!

We found FTTF incredibly useful on our cruise last week, though Baltimore has not yet gone to staggered check in times. We will likely try to get it on every cruise until we hit platinum, from here on out.

So yeah, I think it's really useful. UNLESS--you happen to be on either of my scheduled cruises. In those cases, it will probably be worthless, and you should definitely avoid it.

:D;):p

It would be pretty hard for FTTF to loose value. The value of the program is $0.00. It has no worth, because everything you get is free. The real question is, should I pay $60.00 to get a free service or not.

One poster once said that they like FTTF because they did not like paying the high cost of soda, and did not want to carry their soda around until the rooms were ready. They felt the cost justified the savings of soda cost. I think it was common core math at play.

I can not imagine anyone being willing to pay $90.00 a person!

Like I said in another post, I bet people surely would be willing to pay that and would say "it's worth every penny." :rolleyes: It was only marginally worth it @ $50 per cabin. Now at $60 and with staggered check in, no thanks.

They felt the cost justified the savings of soda cost. I think it was common core math at play.

Sounds like "New Math" to me. The right answer is not as important as how you feel about your answer.

• 1 month later...

I've booked only my second Carnival cruise, so I don't qualify for anything special. But, we booked a Junior Suite (taking my sister and mother, who has never been on a cruise) so that comes with whatever VIP check-in is. Does that mean we go to the faster check-in, but then wait for our room to be ready?