INternet speeds on the Magic in Europe

ivrier

HOw would you gauge the internet speeds on the Magic in Europe. I have used it several times to check email but never have I used it to view media such as youtube. My daughter will be taking her online College summer classes and I wish her to join us for this trip.

How realistic am I that the she will be able to view media.

Thanks in advance.

We've done it a couple of different years, most recently 2014 (translation, not last summer). The speed was not a problem, but you could burn thru a lot of mb if she has to download videos. One nice thing--most European locations have free internet near the ports (and all over the cities!)You can go to a nearby cafe, order a beverage, and spend unlimited time on line...or sit on the steps by a cathedral and enjoy the public internet connection.

Than you Moki. I just hate the thought of leaving a family member when we are heading for vacation as we always vacation with the kids.

I am aware of the price of internet and have used it multiple times for work remote accessing on the cruise. I am willing to pay for the price for her to be with us.

I can't say I have been impressed with Internet on any Disney ship. It's slow and unreliable for even basic tasks. I wish Disney would look into something like the Voom service on RCI. That was the only service at sea I would consider decent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk