Anthem of the Seas Drink Package Sale

It is what RCL told me after getting a manager on the phone.

If I were you though, just for piece of mind, I would call to verify and get a second confirmation.

I have an email in to our TA to see if any additional confirmation can be found. I'm thinking now we should get 1 package now at the discounted rate and wait for the other. We have enough OBC to get 1 premium package at the discounted rate to it really makes no difference if we get one of the two now.

I have an email in to our TA to see if any additional confirmation can be found. I'm thinking now we should get 1 package now at the discounted rate and wait for the other. We have enough OBC to get 1 premium package at the discounted rate to it really makes no difference if we get one of the two now.

Makes sense to pull the trigger on one package now. Maybe even both, with a plan to cancel one package prior to sailing if in fact the promotion is still running the week before you sail (rebook on board with obc.). By then, you should have feedback from other sailings as to whether the 20% off is being offered on board too.

Other idea...maybe don't pre-pay your gratuities, then use obc to pay for gratuities (instead of the drink package.).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checked our June 30 sailing on Anthem and it had the Premium drink package on sale. We had already purchased a Premium and a Select package. I was able to cancel them and purchase 2 Premium packages and still save $102 over my privious packages.

• 4 weeks later...
Most cocktails run $12 before gratuity.

The gratuity as I understand it is a wash.

If my understanding is correct, you still get hit with a gratuity every time you get one of your included drinks from your drink package.

The person serving your drink does deserve a tip for their service, but it would be nice if they just gave you a flat price up-front and included the 20% gratuity in your all-included (not so all-included) price.

20% off is a joke.

Just give me the cost and tell me that I won't be charged another dime.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The gratuity as I understand it is a wash.

If my understanding is correct, you still get hit with a gratuity every time you get one of your included drinks from your drink package.

The person serving your drink does deserve a tip for their service, but it would be nice if they just gave you a flat price up-front and included the 20% gratuity in your all-included (not so all-included) price.

20% off is a joke.

Just give me the cost and tell me that I won't be charged another dime.

On cruises out of certain European ports, the drink prices include gratuity. The cocktails run $14 in those cases.

A few more questions around the packages (because $600/pp on a 10 day cruise seems like a lot of $$):

What do you do about drinks for little kids or do they get to drink for free (they get to dine for a nominal fee in the for fee restaurants)?

For those that have cruised out of Cape Liberty, have you brought water and or soda on-board? How much and how did you bring it on (suitcase, plain sight, etc.)?

One last question- at the buffet, is there not-for fee juice (not fresh squeezed vs. freshly squeezed, for fee juice)?

Edited by Overtyme

A few more questions around the packages (because $600/pp on a 10 day cruise seems like a lot of $$):

What do you do about drinks for little kids or do they get to drink for free (they get to dine for a nominal fee in the for fee restaurants)?

For those that have cruised out of Cape Liberty, have you brought water and or soda on-board? How much and how did you bring it on (suitcase, plain sight, etc)?

Tap water, iced tea, lemonade, and milk are free at all restaurants. Juices from concentrate are also available with no extra charge at breakfast.

Tap water, iced tea, lemonade, and milk are free at all restaurants. Juices from concentrate are also available with no extra charge at breakfast.

Thank you! That helps quite a bit!

If someone watching this thread is boarding this weekend, and has the 20% option online, can you confirm if that price is reflected once on board?

I'm not even sure if this sale is still going on, but wanted to confirm that prices online DID NOT reflect the price once on board. I purchased the premium package ahead of time at the 20% off discount, and we used on board credit to get our second package, which was not discounted on board.

They're also 20% off my Serenade sailing but not on cruises of a few of my friends. Maybe cause my cruise is 10 nights I thought. Is yours 10+nights? Maybe that's the reason it's on select sailings

Hey Nick, we are missing you and your lovely lady by 2 weeks on the Enchantment, we must get better organized !!!!

Edited by Pencruise

For those that have cruised out of Cape Liberty, have you brought water and or soda on-board? How much and how did you bring it on (suitcase, plain sight, etc.)?

Thank you all for the great information! It's been a tremendous help!

I have just this last bit that I'm hoping to hear from anyone that has done this.

I plan to bring water on board. Debating on soda. Soda package doesn't seem to unreasonable. Just really torn on the premium drink package. I agree whether it's 400 or 600/pp, that seems a lot of money. I enjoy my cocktails but the thought of the cost is quite overwhelming

I plan to bring water on board. Debating on soda. Soda package doesn't seem to unreasonable. Just really torn on the premium drink package. I agree whether it's 400 or 600/pp, that seems a lot of money. I enjoy my cocktails but the thought of the cost is quite overwhelming

What is the best way to bring water/soda on board?

Does it have to be packed in a suite case?

What are the limits? Any type of water/soda?

Cans? Bottles? Size of cans or bottles?

I'm considering doing this for our Anthem cruise, but would love some input.

What is the best way to bring water/soda on board?

Does it have to be packed in a suite case?

What are the limits? Any type of water/soda?

Cans? Bottles? Size of cans or bottles?

I'm considering doing this for our Anthem cruise, but would love some input.

There are no limits because water and soda are technically prohibited. However, they are usually allowed. We've had the best luck putting the water in a suitcase.

How do you find out about these sales? Do you receive an email or just fortunate enough to read it on a thread like this? As of now it is not offered on the Anthem Thanksgiving cruise but I'm hoping they will eventually. I just don't want to miss it lol!

How do you find out about these sales? Do you receive an email or just fortunate enough to read it on a thread like this? As of now it is not offered on the Anthem Thanksgiving cruise but I'm hoping they will eventually. I just don't want to miss it lol!

Weekly sales appear here, usually every Thursday afternoon, though it's not been updated for next week yet:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

The various promos I find out in threads here, usually from Ellen.:)

Edited by clarea