Adventure with Toddler

cruzin Phillis

I will be crusing with my 3yr old DS in October. He is not going to be fully potty trained. I am looking at RC Allure or Carnival Breeze. I know about the info as far as pools and etc...Can someone share with me experiences regarding the ships kid programs?

Did your toddler like it?

What the nursery like on RC for non potty trained toddlers?

Did the staff on Carnival change the diapers?

Thanks for your advice!!!

I believe Carnival will allow non PT 3 year olds in the kids club but will not change their diapers. My youngest when we sail them, and as I understand they change 2YOs but not 3YOs. Either way, your son should be able to partake in their kids club program (included, and drop-in-as-you-wish) with the 2-5s.

We sailed Royal when my oldest was 3 and solidly (but somewhat newly) potty trained. I was nervous, but made sure to show her where the bathroom was during open house and asked the youth staff to remind her (I assume at that age they do!) and always took her before. She was great at home and daycare by then, I was just nervous about a new environment - she did great with no issues and loved the kids club. From what I have read they are strict on the kids must be potty trained for the club.

On that trip our youngest was 1 and in the nursery. The nursery was perfectly fine for her, small some baby/toddler toys, toddler movies, space to nap, etc. There were a few kids that looked like they were older who maybe weren't potty trained yet. I think it's technically 6-36mos, but I'm guessing they would accommodate non PT 3s? The nursery is for-fee and you need to make reservations (you can drop by and see if there's space, but if you know you need a time a reservation is the way to go). I think my then 3YO would have been bored in there, it probably would have been okay for a few hours here or there (I.e. To go to dinner), but she wouldn't have been begging to back like she did for the kids club.

Thanks for the info. I confirmed with carnival that they change diapers for 3 years old. I'm only looking for a couple of hours, perhaps 2 at the most per day depending on him. Wish carnival had a diaper friendly splash pad like RC.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk