Price Drop Guarantee Question

tigermom2016

I am preparing to book my first Celebrity Cruise, and I was wondering if anyone could advise about the Best Price Guarantee. It appears that price guarantee is only valid for 48 hours after booking.

When I have cruised previously, with at least two other lines, I have been able to take advantage of price reductions until a couple of months prior to sailing, earning either a reduction in the cruise price or onboard credit.

Does Celebrity offer any other price drop protection - and I am just not finding it? Thanks in advance.

If you see a price drop within 48 hours of booking, they will apply a credit of 110% of the difference. Outside 48 hours but before final payment, they will adjust the amount due (or will credit you back if you happened to pay in full already). Full information is here.

Many sales or price drops are for new bookings only.

However many of us use agencies that will add some obcs, adjust pricing or rebook when a large enough drop shows up precruise. No there aren't any guarantees however. In the "old days" adjustments were much easier to count on.

Too the "lowest price" is based on Celebrity's published brochure/web rate. We will not book using those rates. Shop around.

Edited by eandj

I am preparing to book my first Celebrity Cruise, and I was wondering if anyone could advise about the Best Price Guarantee. It appears that price guarantee is only valid for 48 hours after booking.

When I have cruised previously, with at least two other lines, I have been able to take advantage of price reductions until a couple of months prior to sailing, earning either a reduction in the cruise price or onboard credit.

Does Celebrity offer any other price drop protection - and I am just not finding it? Thanks in advance.

If your location of "middle of somewhere" is in the UK you can disregard the previous posts. Once it's booked, it's booked. No price drops here.

......... In the "old days" adjustments were much easier to count on.......Too the "lowest price" is based on Celebrity's published brochure/web rate. We will not book using those rates. Shop around.

Agree entirely. This has been my experience since my first cruise on Celebirty in 2001. It's gotten harder to game the system in your favor.

Under most circumstances and inside final payment where I have found a lower base fare for the booking I made originally, by reboobking at the lower fare for the same cabin class I'll almost always loose whatever perks I might have gained at the original booking. When that happens, rebooking is rarely a better deal.

I have completely rebooked at a different cabin class either higher or lower and gotten a "deal" but that deal is relative and is also based on demand for the class I'mrebooking in. If demand is low, you might find it attractive. You won't if demand is high.

Inside final payment, usually way inside, like the last 30-14d before sail date, it's an entirely different ball game. I've seen some impressive fire sales. Constellation's TA leaving Fort Lauderdale 4/2 is an example. You don't get perks on TAs so, you can cancel and rebook at sometimes great savings.