I miss my Cruzan flavored rums

Okay Carnival got me hooked on the Cruzan rums. Mango and Banana are my favorites. They don't sell them anymore in the liquor store onboard and whats worse is you can't even order it from a bar anymore. I love having those flavored rums on the rocks. The Malibu rums are gross. Not even close to the Cruzan brand. I wish Carnival would bring them back.

First time I tried them was at a liquor tasting onboard. I bought 4 bottles that day. Everyone back at home loved them so every cruise I would buy more. I have since found them at Total Wine & More so that is where I get them now but I can't have my favorite on the ship anymore at the bar. :(

We are HUGE Cruzan fans here. Bothers me they dropped it onboard. One of my favorites that a friend recently turned us on to is the Blueberry Lemonade. It smells like candy and is awesome with some sprite in it. Actually just bought a couple of bottles local a few weeks back of it. :)

Cruzan Rums are my favorite! I love the peach, banana and mango probably the best. They're pretty easy to get here and aren't too expensive. I think we discovered Cruzan on our first cruise, but not on the ship. Too bad they don't still serve Cruzan, that would have been awesome!

Okay Carnival got me hooked on the Cruzan rums. Mango and Banana are my favorites. They don't sell them anymore in the liquor store onboard and whats worse is you can't even order it from a bar anymore. I love having those flavored rums on the rocks. The Malibu rums are gross. Not even close to the Cruzan brand. I wish Carnival would bring them back.

First time I tried them was at a liquor tasting onboard. I bought 4 bottles that day. Everyone back at home loved them so every cruise I would buy more. I have since found them at Total Wine & More so that is where I get them now but I can't have my favorite on the ship anymore at the bar. :(

My first time trying them also was at a Liquor Tasting on the Fascination years ago and since then, the Pineapple Cruzan on ice was my go to drink onboard. Tasted and smelled like a vacation drink, without as many calories. I miss them, too, the past few years. Malibu Rum is too syrupy and sweet--I may as well have a frozen cocktail if I'm gonna drink that.

Maybe when they changed the vendor for the onboard shops a few weeks back, the liquor vendor was included and Cruzan Rums are back. We can only hope. Gonna look for the Blueberry Lemonade here on land--sounded good, like summer.

We were on the Ecstasy a few weeks ago and I was shocked at the limited alcohol selection in the store. They had no regular Absolute, only the flavored vodkas. The shelves were almost bare by day 3!

They are not going to discontinue alcohol sales. What has happened over the past couple of years is the shift towards higher priced liquor. Higher prices means a higher profit margin per bottle and space aboard. Flavored rums are cool, but at the discounted price they take up too much room to store and absorb profits due to handling.

Also, Carnival dropped the policy allowing one to take their purchases on the last full day. Many passengers enjoyed the island flavors of banana and coconut while bobbing along on a sea day. We did.

Even more frustrating is the requirement to go get the purchase at a predetermined place on the ship early in the morning when you arrive in port.

Texas has made it even less attractive to purchase since we decided to enforce a decades old law and collect duty on alcohol when you return to port. If you haven't cruised from here lately they stand in your pathway after one has cleared US Customs and ask about alcohol purchases.

Combine all the things above and you'll find a strong presence of high priced scotch, blended whiskey and the top tier other varieties of alcohol.

Just get me a cold Bud Light and let me sit and watch the water...

Edited by BallFour4

I wish Carnival carried Blue Chair Bay Banana Rum. It is amazing on the rocks. You should try it.

I agree with you Malibu can't compare.

My first time trying them also was at a Liquor Tasting on the Fascination years ago and since then, the Pineapple Cruzan on ice was my go to drink onboard. Tasted and smelled like a vacation drink, without as many calories. I miss them, too, the past few years. Malibu Rum is too syrupy and sweet--I may as well have a frozen cocktail if I'm gonna drink that.

Maybe when they changed the vendor for the onboard shops a few weeks back, the liquor vendor was included and Cruzan Rums are back. We can only hope. Gonna look for the Blueberry Lemonade here on land--sounded good, like summer.

I was on Glory when the 'new' shops opened, and I'm pretty sure there was indeed a little Cruzan! (wish I had written down which flavours. Was only 2 or three though) not too much and no special deals though. prices were disappointing, and we ended up not buying anything.

I own liquor stores and sell Cruzan rums. Most of them are low proof and you can get them at carry outs and grocery stores that do not sell high proof liquior. I like them too and I use vanilla rum in my strawberry daiquris. Pineapple & coconut in pina coladas

Sent from my ME301T using Forums mobile app

My first reaction to the news of Cruzan no longer being offered onboard in the FunShops was: "Well, crap.:("

We always bought several of the variety packs of the 200 ml bottles of flavoured Cruzan, in addition to other liquors, for DH's employees as souvenirs/gifts that he gave out upon his returning to work - kind of a "Thanks for keeping everything running here while I was on a big boat in the Caribbean for a week, here's some booze to drink away your resentment of me" gift. They've always been a big hit at the office.:p

So I was initially disappointed to hear that we won't be able to get these onboard anymore. Then, I read a little farther into the thread and was reminded of that crappy, new "You must schlep your own liquor to your cabin on Embarkation Morning" policy:mad:, and the fact that because of said stupid policy, we will no longer be spending those hundreds of dollars in the onboard liquor store each cruise.

So as it turns out, I guess I'm not disappointed by this news, after all.:):rolleyes:

My first reaction to the news of Cruzan no longer being offered onboard in the FunShops was: "Well, crap.:("

We always bought several of the variety packs of the 200 ml bottles of flavoured Cruzan, in addition to other liquors, for DH's employees as souvenirs/gifts that he gave out upon his returning to work - kind of a "Thanks for keeping everything running here while I was on a big boat in the Caribbean for a week, here's some booze to drink away your resentment of me" gift. They've always been a big hit at the office.:p

So I was initially disappointed to hear that we won't be able to get these onboard anymore. Then, I read a little farther into the thread and was reminded of that crappy, new "You must schlep your own liquor to your cabin on Embarkation Morning" policy:mad:, and the fact that because of said stupid policy, we will no longer be spending those hundreds of dollars in the onboard liquor store each cruise.

So as it turns out, I guess I'm not disappointed by this news, after all.:):rolleyes:

Exactly. Wondering if their liquor sales are hurting from this.

I own liquor stores and sell Cruzan rums. Most of them are low proof and you can get them at carry outs and grocery stores that do not sell high proof liquior. I like them too and I use vanilla rum in my strawberry daiquris. Pineapple & coconut in pina coladas

Sent from my ME301T using Forums mobile app

They are low proof and that's why I can drink them on the rocks. Very tasty and all I need to be drinking without getting drunk and wasting away my cruise. Not only the shops but the bars onboard no longer serve it. I've asked and they said they stopped carrying it. :( I agree I won't be buying it onboard anymore with the new policy in place of it not being delivered to your cabin for you and the Texas taxes they imposed but serving it in the bars at least would be nice.

The ship store prices aren't really that great anyway. More often than not the duty free stores at the ports are substantially cheaper.

This past December I noticed that the most expensive bottle in the ship store (a high end Johnny Walker) was $350 less in the duty free shop in Roatan as compared to the ship store.

I don't usually buy bottles on the ship anymore anyway. But I wish they still sold it at their bars so I could order it when onboard. It must not have been a popular seller since its low alcohol content but I enjoy them on the rocks and wish I could get it while sitting at the pool sipping on my mango rum.