Personal belongings on dolphin swim

Katiekakes

We are planning to take the swim with dolphins excursion, and I was wondering what you do with your personal belongings when you are in the water. Do I need to buy one of those waterproof bags or is there a secure place to leave things like your passport, wallet, etc. If anyone has taken this excursion I would love to hear about it.

Hi Katie:

We were on the CB 27Aug-03Sep...my daughter did the dolphin swim in Cozumel (we watched)...we booked it on our own....if you're referring to Cozumel, don't worry...they have lots of (free) lockers available...pretty big...I stored a medium-size backpack in it. BTW...The dolphin swim is pretty cool...it was THE highlight of her trip.

Enjoy your cruise!!

I'd try and keep your personal belongings to a minimum.

We went on one (not in Hawaii or Cozumel, it was on Isla Margarita) through Princess and while I had thought to leave my earrings and bracelets on the ship, didn't think about my wedding band or anything else.

Supposedly there were lockers with keys, but when we got there there were lockers, no keys, they told us to just leave out stuff on the tables. Maybe if someone had persisted we could have gotten the keys, but there was a language problem. Luckily there were some people on our cruise tour who didn't go swimming so I didn't feel utterly paranoid about leaving my waterproof camera, a little cash, etc. on the table.

I can't even get my wedding band off (and frankly, even if I could, I would have lied) so anyone with rings they couldn't get off they put tape over so we wouldn't hurt the dolphins. You were not allowed to wear anything but bathing suits (no waterproof containers, no tee shirts, no sunscreen). I was with a couple and had the husband put my id card with theirs in his inner pocket of his bathing suit.

Archived