Bermuda Horseshoe Bay Beach along with island tour

Has anyone been to Bermuda and taken a tour which included a stop at Horseshoe Bay Beach. My husband and I are going on RC in early May and would like to do a tour of the island but with limited time available, we get in early afternoon, and want to see everything at the Dockyards the 2nd day I would like to include seeing that beach and particularly pink sand while on a tour. We are seniors and taking bus transportation to just see the beach would not be an option for us. Thank you

Has anyone been to Bermuda and taken a tour which included a stop at Horseshoe Bay Beach. My husband and I are going on RC in early May and would like to do a tour of the island but with limited time available, we get in early afternoon, and want to see everything at the Dockyards the 2nd day I would like to include seeing that beach and particularly pink sand while on a tour. We are seniors and taking bus transportation to just see the beach would not be an option for us. Thank you

I have been to Bermuda 9 times. The best tour is the 5 hour highlight tour by mini bus. It takes you all over the island. I did it on Celebrity but RCL also has it. It's about $95. I suggest you do the tour on the second day and take a cab to Horseshoe Beach the first day. Just walk to the cab stand and offer to share with other waiting. We always do it. It's about $16. There are a,ways cabs waiting to take you back. Not to be missed. In my opinion there is nothing to see at the Dockyards.

Thank you for your response - I was thinking about taking a cab to Horseshoe Bay Beach and also there is an excursion available on RCL for $33 per person that shuttles you directly to the beach and then taking a cab back but it seems silly to spend that much more for two people. Do you know approximately how much a cab would be, without sharing, back and forth between the Ship and the beach and if they take you right to the beach instead of having to walk down the hill.

We have toured twice with Heidi of Byways Bermuda. Once as a private tour and once in a shared tour. Both were great days!

We have also been with Heidi and know several friends who have booked with her. She will customize you trip if you have something specific you want to see. The included lunch is always good.

Heidi is also quite an accomplished artist and displays and sells her paintings at a shop at the Dockworks

Thank you for your response - I was thinking about taking a cab to Horseshoe Bay Beach and also there is an excursion available on RCL for $33 per person that shuttles you directly to the beach and then taking a cab back but it seems silly to spend that much more for two people. Do you know approximately how much a cab would be, without sharing, back and forth between the Ship and the beach and if they take you right to the beach instead of having to walk down the hill.

I think it's about $34 but it depends on traffic and yes they will take you down the path and there are cabs waiting down there to take you back. The excursion is not worth it especially if you are there overnight and don't have to worry about getting back to the ship for sail away. We always share. People are always happy to do so.

Thanks again for all the helpful suggestions. I think that after discussing our plans with my husband we will be taking a cab to Horseshoe Bay Beach, either shared or not, and return to Dockyards to get our shopping done for 1st day. The suggestion of a 5 hr mini-bus tour is exactly what we were looking for and since our ship departs at 2:30 we are going to do the ship excursion so they will be responsible for getting us back on time. If anyone has done the island tour by mini-bus I'd love to get your thoughts on it.