Holland America Veranda Cabins

wanderbee

Which ship has VT-Spa? I haven't seen that category yet.

From what I have been able to deduce, it seems to be in this order (lowest to highest):

VH

VF

VE

VD

VC

VB

VA

V

VS

VQ - Spa

I am guessing that VT is either before or after VQ.

Which ship has VT-Spa? I haven't seen that category yet.

From what I have been able to deduce, it seems to be in this order (lowest to highest):

VH

VF

VE

VD

VC

VB

VA

V

VS

VQ - Spa

I am guessing that VT is either before or after VQ.

Almost. There is no VS category on the Eurodam, and VT-spa is the one between VQ and V ... which is ludicrous IMO because they only have the very tiny Juliette balconies. Before the 2014 re-categorization they were not "spa" and more correctly (IMO) ranked between VE and VF.

Koningsdam has a VS between VQ and V.

Edited by jtl513

I would suggest taking a very close look at the deck plans.

As I have, you may find that certain locations in the mid-grades are personally preferable to you than those that HAL considers to be higher/better. Also the verandas on some lower deck locations may be a bit larger at lower rates.

Other than steel front rails and showers in VH and the handful of standee balconies on EURODAM, the cabins themselves are essentially the same.

Thank you for the information. We have purchased a veranda "guarantee" and received our room last night and it is a spa veranda. The biggest question, I suppose, is how much would we use a regular balcony on a transatlantic sailing in March/April? Thank you all for your info. and help.

Thank you for the information. We have purchased a veranda "guarantee" and received our room last night and it is a spa veranda. The biggest question, I suppose, is how much would we use a regular balcony on a transatlantic sailing in March/April? Thank you all for your info. and help.

It depends a bit on the route for the TA - on a more southerly route, for example from Fort Lauderdale to Rome you'll have the chance for quite a lot of sun and warmth compared with a crossing on a northerly route for example to Ireland or Amsterdam. Choose a starboard balcony if you like the sun for an April crossing.

We did a TA 16 day Ft Lauderdale to Rome the end of March, beginning of April. We accepted an up sell to a veranda. We had rough seas day 2-12 and the last sea day to Rome. We did use the balcony when we got to Lisbon while in port and the next two ports. Unusable the rest of the time. We still like the light that comes in from the doors and the ability to use it. Don't regret the upsell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD