arriving Barcelona on Sunday and flying out that evening.

wanderbee

We are arriving in Barcelona on the Eurodam on a Sunday morning, and flying out that evening at 8:25 pm. We have arranged to take the ship transfer to the airport, thinking we will leave our luggage at the terminal. The question is what to do with the rest of the day, and what time will we need to be back? We will be flying to Paris, spending the night at the Paris airport before heading back to the states. Should we rent a car? Is it very difficult to find parking in Barcelona? Any help would be appreciated!

the check in desks for your evening flight wont be open to drop off your luggage so you would need to use the left luggage facility which will cost 10 euros per bag

You could use the airport shuttle bus back to Barcelona city centre costing about 7 euros and spend the day in Barcelona and heading back in time to check in 2 hours prior to your flight

Alternatively is there not a ships excursion which will take you on a tour of Barcelona or Montserrat and drop you off at the airport later in the day.That will take care of the luggage storage problem

Or a private company like Barcelona day tours could offer the same

Hi,

There are a lot of things to do in Barcelona. Park Guell, Historic Centre, Sagrada Familia is very nice, Las ramblas, Camp Nou, Palau Guell. Its all depends on your interests. The historic center, Gaudi Houses and las Ramblas are all near. I recommend you use the metro and train system to move. A train line (R2) goes between the airport and passeig de gracia, near catalonya square. There are buses also that goes between the airport and catalonya square for 6 or 7 euros.

This airport is really busy so i would consider be at the airport 3 hours before the flight.

Edited by cr_hunter

We are arriving in Barcelona on the Eurodam on a Sunday morning, and flying out that evening at 8:25 pm. We have arranged to take the ship transfer to the airport, thinking we will leave our luggage at the terminal. The question is what to do with the rest of the day, and what time will we need to be back? We will be flying to Paris, spending the night at the Paris airport before heading back to the states. Should we rent a car? Is it very difficult to find parking in Barcelona? Any help would be appreciated!

Gosh, given that itinerary, I would have planned on taking the train to Paris. The TGV leaves Barcelona Sants at 9:25, gets into Paris just before 4pm, giving you the opportunity to wander about Paris before heading out to your CDG hotel.

I personally would cancel the airport transfer - expensive for very little benefit in your case. Doing a search, I found this left luggage facility near Plaça de Catalunya: http://www.lockerbarcelona.com/en/. Leave your bags there, tour for the day, then get them before heading to the airport for your flight.

There is a company at the cruise terminal who will take your luggage and deliver it later to the airport in time for your flight.

Cancel the ship's transfer and spend the day in Barcelona. You can then take public transport or a taxi to the airport and be re-united with your luggage.

http://bagsandgo.com/en/

Edited by English_in_Spain

There is a company at the cruise terminal who will take your luggage and deliver it later to the airport in time for your flight.

Cancel the ship's transfer and spend the day in Barcelona. You can then take public transport or a taxi to the airport and be re-united with your luggage.

http://bagsandgo.com/en/

I totally second this suggestion.