Carnival Hub App Dream

Dream BigB

Is the Carnival Hub App in place on the Dream. We are a big group and hope to keep in touch with each other by cellphone but not sure if we should use the Ship Mate App or Carnival Hub App. Website says its coming soon and others say it's already working. Thank

Wouldn't the Ship Mate App require Internet package ($25/7 day cruise assuming it is included in Social Media)? whereas the Carnival Hub App does not ($5/cruise).

I would have both loaded prior to departure, and see if the Hub App works.

I was also hoping to use this app to stay connected with my friend on our cruise in August. Guess I will be buying the $5 day package and use FB messenger. :( I dont suppose this app will be live on the Dream until after dry dock in 2017. Fingers crossed though :p

On the Carnival page and when I posted on John Heald's facebook, I got the same answer..........."12 to 18 months for ships that don't have it yet." Just not sure why they wouldn't roll that out for ALL ships at the same time but I'm sure its great for the ones that have it.

Wouldn't the Ship Mate App require Internet package ($25/7 day cruise assuming it is included in Social Media)? whereas the Carnival Hub App does not ($5/cruise).

I would have both loaded prior to departure, and see if the Hub App works.

Ship mate app is not one that is included in the social media package. Your have to get the regular Internet to use ship mate which is $60 for the cruise. If you don't want to use Facebook try Whatsapp.

• 4 months later...

Just sailed on Dream 7-24 to 7-31-2016. Carnival Hub app doesn't work on Dream yet. Bought the $25 social media package $25 for entire cruise. Used Facebook and Facebook messenger. Messenger was sometimes delayed a few minutes and not surprised. Also, messenger phone calls could be made for free, but you have to put up with delays due to network traffic. Causes you to talk like on 2 way radio to keep from talking over each other. Used messenger to keep up with family and facebook to keep family at home updated on cruise with photos, etc.

• 4 months later...