upsell went up? Norwegian Escape

newercruiser67

I have been calling the upsell department regularly for our 4/2 cruise on the Escape. I was offered a Haven Spa or Haven Courtyard on Wednesday for 750pp, Today I called back and was told that I must have misunderstood--the offer was 1k pp.

I made notes on Wednesday when I called so I know I did not misunderstand. The rep was very nice but insisted that was not the offer--I am in a balcony right now so I will be fine, but the posts on here about the Haven have been so great I wanted to try it.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? I told her I would try again next week if that was ok, and she said it was fine to call back.

I have been calling the upsell department regularly for our 4/2 cruise on the Escape. I was offered a Haven Spa or Haven Courtyard on Wednesday for 750pp, Today I called back and was told that I must have misunderstood--the offer was 1k pp.

I made notes on Wednesday when I called so I know I did not misunderstand. The rep was very nice but insisted that was not the offer--I am in a balcony right now so I will be fine, but the posts on here about the Haven have been so great I wanted to try it.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? I told her I would try again next week if that was ok, and she said it was fine to call back.

Why didn't you take the $750pp offer?

That happened to me for our breakaway cruise 3/6. I called everyday for 27 straight days and some days it was higher then the previous days price... I actually kept a spreadsheet ( finance background.. Lol) and found that inventory will magically appear about a week out... So if you want an opinion from a guy who went from a midship mini to a 2 bedroom family villa ( h4) breakaway for a bargain basement price of $500 per person... The sweet spot is about 4 days out from sailing... But you gotta have a lil patience and a lot of luck. My results are not typical outcomes

I called twice a week 4 weeks prior to my cruise. The Monday before sailing, they had a H9 spa suite for $750pp. It had been anywhere from $1250-$2000pp prior to that. And they went fast that day, since there was an forward facing penthouse available and when we were talking to the agent (Nicole) the penthouse got booked! So we jumped on the spa suite since there was only one available (or so they say). There were days they told me there was nothing and then 2 days later, there were 4 different rooms available. Just be patient and call the Monday of the week of your cruise!! Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I didn't jump on it because I was dumb! My husband was out of town and I tried to text him and got no reply. I figured Id just call back and then got busy at work--when we finally discussed it and I called back it went up.

Thanks so much for all of the great advice! I love this board. It is so helpful!!

Edited by newercruiser67

I too called the Upsell Department this week for the April 2 sailing on Escape and was able to upgrade to a larger cabin in the Haven. When I called ,there were many Haven cabins available. Most of the categories are now sold- out ( Two Bedroom Family Suite, Owner's Suite and Deluxe Suite). I think that there are Penthouse Suites with Balconies still available. I will say that once I was quoted the price for all the larger suites, I decided and changed suites immediately.

That happened to me for our breakaway cruise 3/6. I called everyday for 27 straight days and some days it was higher then the previous days price... I actually kept a spreadsheet ( finance background.. Lol) and found that inventory will magically appear about a week out... So if you want an opinion from a guy who went from a midship mini to a 2 bedroom family villa ( h4) breakaway for a bargain basement price of $500 per person... The sweet spot is about 4 days out from sailing... But you gotta have a lil patience and a lot of luck. My results are not typical outcomes

it was still 1k today... I will try again Friday.

We got the upsell email today offering Haven Courtyard Penthouse or Haven Spa Suite for $1000 pp, or 2 bedroom for $1250 per person. Seems a bit high being that we are already booked in spa mini suite. From reading these boards, I'm guessing we could do better by waiting a bit and calling in later, for April 23 sailing. Obviously I know there are no guarantees, but does it seem unreasonable to think it may possible to get into Haven for $500 per person by waiting a bit longer?

It sounds like some people are calling, listening to the offer, deciding not to accept at that price, and then hanging up with a plan to call back another day, hoping for a better offer.

While that strategy may indeed work, people should not overlook the fact that they can make a counter offer to the upsell department. If you're hoping for something at $750/pp and they offer it at $1,000/pp, make them an offer at $750/pp and see what happens. They just may say yes.

I did this on my upcoming Getaway cruise, and went from a balcony to an H3 Owner's Suite for $1,000/pp. I wasn't actually planning for an Owner's Suite, but it was the only thing they had available, and when they offered it to me at $1,500/pp, I countered at $1,000/pp. They put me on hold for about 5 minutes, and came back and said they'd accept the $1,000/pp. (I was shocked, by the way.)

And while this is definitely a "your results may vary" subject, note that I called them just over three weeks before the cruise, so it's not always the case that you can only negotiate with them in the last few days.

This was happening to me the past 2 weeks. The offers for H5 were from 1250 , 1000 or none. Finally decided to go for 1000$ offer and kept getting no offers. Called today and it was 750$. Took it right away could not believe it. All 7 h5 were gone today. I would call every morning to check.

Please forgive me, as I am new to cruising. When you say upsell, are you referring to upgrading current reservations? And when you talk about 750, 1000, pp are you referring to that amount on top of your previous amount already paid?

Please forgive me, as I am new to cruising. When you say upsell, are you referring to upgrading current reservations? And when you talk about 750, 1000, pp are you referring to that amount on top of your previous amount already paid?

Yes, upgrading current booked room to a higher category. The 750 & 1000 pp is that much money per person up to a maximum of 2 (3rd + other occupants are no charge) to upgrade. Yes, that is on top of what us already paid. I know it seems like a lot but these people are upgrading into Haven suites. For example, say I paid $3k for my family if 4 in a balcony room on the Escape. I call the upsell folks & get a $750 pp offer to upgrade to a H4 (Haven 2 bedroom suite). Now I've paid a total of $4500 for a room that if I booked right now would cost $9700. That's a more than 50% savings!

Called yesterday after reading on CC my sale date had up sell offers. Went from a mid ship balcony to a H5 on the getaway. Up sell was 750pp I thought that was a great deal since my cruise was comped through CAS. Total for my cruise including prepaid taxes insurance and gratuities.... drumroll please 3000. DH is going to be happy! First time in Haven so now to research what all you get.