Hi golfgurl!

I heard back from my TA and here is what she said:

"Whenever you book airfare through the cruise line, ALL the ground transfers

are automatically included. If you add a hotel package, the additional

transfers to and from the hotel to the pier ARE also included. One nice

pretty seamless package. Just get on the airplane and Carnival will take

care of the rest! It's that easy! :-)

If you DON'T book airfare, you can add transfers for an additional charge."

So you should definately pursue this if you booked airfare thru Carnival...

OK can someone clarify something for me...I need a van from the pier to the airport. Now I found a shuttle company that I can use for a total of $60 for 5 of us.

Am I correct in understanding that if I get a van at the pier it is a total of $23 for the 5 of us? Just want to make sure before I book the shuttle company...if I can save some $$ I'll go with getting a van at the pier. Thanks.

Jen

OK can someone clarify something for me...I need a van from the pier to the airport. Now I found a shuttle company that I can use for a total of $60 for 5 of us.

Am I correct in understanding that if I get a van at the pier it is a total of $23 for the 5 of us? Just want to make sure before I book the shuttle company...if I can save some $$ I'll go with getting a van at the pier. Thanks.

Jen

A cab is $23, some cabs are vans. How long are you willing to wait around the pier for one to show up?

By booking a shuttle you are reserving it and would expect it to be there when you get off the ship. A shuttle for 5 for $60 bucks is a pretty good deal.

Have a super-duper day. :D

We booked a pre night in FLL ourselves for our upcoming Liberty cruise. The hotel offers free pick up at the airport and free shuttle service to the pier. We are planning to grab a taxi to take us to the airport. Reason - why should you start a wonderful vacation being crammed into the cruise line's transfers. A few cruises ago the return bus used by Carnival had 3/4 size seats instead of room for two - I was almost on my hubby's lap and we are not large people. I felt we were shoved around and pushed around like cattle...no more! We will pay a taxi and end our vacation relaxed!

Marge

:) We should hopefully be all set now. My boyfriend really put his foot down with our travel agency about our missing transfers from airport to hotel and hotel to port (since we did book EVERYTHING thru Carnival)...it was even in our signed contract that we'd have these transfers. The agency seemed a bit perplexed and said this has never happened before. At first our agency said if we took care of our transportation and got receipts they'd reimburse us but my b/f still thought this was an inconvenience and didn't trust the agency. After a ton of phone calls today and a final answer from Carnival, Carnival will be FedExing our missing transfers. So it looks like everything will work out! Thanks for looking into this with your TA for me and for everyone else's input!!

Hi golfgurl!

I heard back from my TA and here is what she said:

"Whenever you book airfare through the cruise line, ALL the ground transfers

are automatically included. If you add a hotel package, the additional

transfers to and from the hotel to the pier ARE also included. One nice

pretty seamless package. Just get on the airplane and Carnival will take

care of the rest! It's that easy! :-)

If you DON'T book airfare, you can add transfers for an additional charge."

So you should definately pursue this if you booked airfare thru Carnival...

The one time we booked the hotel through Carnival and arrived a day early, they transported us from the airport to the hotel and then the next morning from the hotel to the port. It was all included in the price of the hotel. Since we opted to stay in Ft. Lauderdale, but were cruising out of Miami, the cost of transfers would have been expensive, since we had 4 kid with us. It worked out less expensive for us to get the two hotel rooms through Carnival since it included transfers.

• 7 months later...

cj

Sorry it took so long to respond, hadn't been checking this thread after my original response. By now you have done the Hawaii to Vancouver sailing, did you enjoyed it ? I'm sailing on October 2nd on the Spirit doing the Hawaii to Ensenada sailing..............really looking forward to those 5 days at sea!

:) We should hopefully be all set now. My boyfriend really put his foot down with our travel agency about our missing transfers from airport to hotel and hotel to port (since we did book EVERYTHING thru Carnival)...it was even in our signed contract that we'd have these transfers. The agency seemed a bit perplexed and said this has never happened before. At first our agency said if we took care of our transportation and got receipts they'd reimburse us but my b/f still thought this was an inconvenience and didn't trust the agency. After a ton of phone calls today and a final answer from Carnival, Carnival will be FedExing our missing transfers. So it looks like everything will work out! Thanks for looking into this with your TA for me and for everyone else's input!!

Sounds like your TA is either very inexperienced booking cruises or was just brain dead. Never should have been an issue with all transfers if Carnival arranged the air and hotel pre-package.

In order to go from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port we'd have to pay an extra $75 a person in transfers to Carnival!!

Something doesnt sound right, When we book directly with Carnival and use their Flyawiegh program, meaning they take care of our flights and transfers, since we are flying from Coast to Coast, they put us up in a nice airport hotel close to the Terminal, All Transfers are included.

Since you booked with a local TA, Im not sure what your Local TA did. Thats not the norm with Carnival because I use the Flyawiegh program all the time.

Something doesnt sound right, When we book directly with Carnival and use their Flyawiegh program, meaning they take care of our flights and transfers, since we are flying from Coast to Coast, they put us up in a nice airport hotel close to the Terminal, All Transfers are included.

Since you booked with a local TA, Im not sure what your Local TA did. Thats not the norm with Carnival because I use the Flyawiegh program all the time.

This is very, very old and has been handled to the OPs satisfaction. see the last post by golfgurl (#30).

Our travel agent suggested one of two hotels in the Miami port area and Carnival booked us the one we chose and we have a hotel ticket in our Carnival packet

This is something new to me because even in the Info packet, it list only a few hotels that Carnival uses, those hotels are listed in the info packet that you get with your docs, and changes from those hotels listed would probably incure an extra charge. We could not book whatever hotel we wanted to stay in, we only found out when we got on the bus. The Airport Wyndham is usually where they put us.

After a ton of phone calls today and a final answer from Carnival, Carnival will be FedExing our missing transfers. So it looks like everything will work out! Thanks for looking into this with your TA for me and for everyone else's input!!

Thanks god !!! I always get alot of flax for this from my fellow TA members on here but here Its goes, And Moral of the Story is, BOOK DIRECTLY WITH THE CRUISE LINE !!!.

#118 Reasons why I dont book with a TA, I guess this one goes down in my book.

Archived