Getting from LeHavre to Paris

Carnutdave

We are sailing out of Amsterdam on May 26th on Celebrity Silhouette. We are planing to go into Paris and spend the night since the ship will be docked for two days. It looks like the train may be the best transportation to and from Paris to the cruise port. Has anyone done this before that can give us some tips?

We have cruised about eight times before and will be cruising in September to the Greek Isles. My wife is anxious to get back to Paris and do some shopping.

Hi! Come over to the 5/26 Silhouette Roll Call. It is a forum with all the cruisers that will be on your cruise. It's a huge group! :D

We are up to 68 pages, so I am giving you the link to page 67 where many are talking about the way they are getting from Le Havre to Paris.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2135275&page=67

We also talk about sharing private excursions with each other and other fun subjects! ;)

Edited by Iamthesea

We sail just before you.

Originally we were planning on travelling to Amsterdam from Paris and then returning. Plans have changed now though!

There is a very good train service. Have a look at SNCF. Looking in my diary, it seems to take about 3 and a half hours. If booked earlyish, it is not at all expensive.

Oops! Must take care when reading. Same thing though. Let the train take the strain.

Edited by morbihan

The train is 15 euro per person leaving le Havre early - eightish. If you leave at 10.00am, it rises to 35€.

Paris return is again 15€ leaving around 11.00am to arrive back around two hours later.

This was about five minutes ago.

You just book online then print out the tickets. Show these to the inspector when he comes around.

http://www.voyages-sncf.com might find it:D

Thanks for the info. I went on line and booked the train both ways.

We are anxious to meet some of the other folks on this cruise. I used this site several years ago but certainly forgot how to use it. I know how to reply but not to start a new thread.

Dave and Netha from Nashville, Tennessee