Travel Agent VS Carnival

JaniceB

So, I used a travel agent for my upcoming cruise on the Breeze. I used my booking number to add to my Carnival account and notice an error on the page. I called Carnival and the rep did fix it for me. I had another question and she wouldn't answer it because I had used a TA. It concerned an onboard credit. I had been given a friends and family certificate with a $100 OBC. My friend submitted it through Carnival after I gave her my booking number. I asked the Carnival rep if it was on my account. She wouldn't tell me. Upon further review of cruise documents, I saw the credit. Why couldn't she see it or answer my question?

The credit is unique to your account. Carnival reps cannot discuss any information that is unique to your booking. It is part of a contract they have in place with the travel agents.

If you call in with a TA booking, the only things they can answer is general information that would be available for anyone to know.

The credit had nothing to do with my T/A it was a Carnival certificate.

Janice....your credit is attached to your booking.

Therefore, your Travel Agent must handle it.

(Especially anything to do with money)

If it was applied by the travel agent, same rules may apply. I've found if you book through ta, you are wasting your time if you call carnival directly.

Very true. If you are one that likes to call everyday with a new question, you are better off booking directly.

TA or direct, the cost is the same to you. Carnival will get a portion as commission to the TA for making the sale. In turn, this commission is also used to handle all questions and concerns from the guest and keep the hold times on the phone down. The money used to pay call center workers is basically given to the travel agent so Carnival won't handle those calls that can be handled by someone else.

Thanks, I was just confused when it was the friends and family certificate and my T/A had nothing to do with it. My luggage tag was not showing priority and she was able to get that fixed. I just didn't know where to see my OBC since nothing shows under billing. I found it in my paperwork on the Carnival Website, just found it strange that she couldn't see it.