FYI...B2b Wine allotment

MsSoloTravel

I have my first b2b booked for Sept 2017 and had to call Carnival for something today. I decided to ask about bringing on wine and sodas for both legs on embarkation day since I've read mixed reviews here on cc.

He put me on hold to ask and said no, we would have to get off the ship and get it for the second half. Now, I know plenty of people have done it. I really just wanted to share what they told me.

This is incorrect as I was able to take on 4 bottles of wine on our first leg of our b2b on the Breeze this past January. Security told me I could not, but I asked for a supervisor, showed her my boarding pass for the next cruise and she told me I correct, I could take on allotted wine for both legs on first one.

I had read that here before. We plan on doing the same thing, ask for a supervisor, if they say no. I just thought I would ask while I was on the phone and see what they said.

I can see the logic behind it though. If they let me take on 2 bottles because I have a b2b, and then I get off the ship and bring one on for the 2nd leg, now I have 3. Maybe that's why they say no.

We're still contemplating Cheers, so not sure if we'll even bring much wine anyway.

Edited by MsSoloTravel

I have an email that was to be shown from Carnival if I had problem bringing 4 bottles for our b2b, everything went without incident. Although a girl at embarkation insisted I check a bag she felt was oversized, I told her to get a supervisor, she came back with a porter. Go figure, they did not win.

Carnival policy for alcohol on B2B states:

"Alcohol and Beverage Policy

The same policy applies - click here for details. Guests are entitled to bring onboard the same quantity per guest, per cruise. The additional quantities will be stored for safekeeping at the start of the first cruise and will be given to the guest as each cruise begins."

As with many things Carnival, the REAL answer is... It depends. :D

On our Triumph B2B from Galveston to San Juan, we were denied the extra wine. A supervisor was called and she also said no. An email from John Heald was shown where he says yes, and they still said no. Finally, they agreed to collect the wine and give it back to people AT THE END OF THE SECOND LEG. Yup, not the start of the second leg, but after both cruises were completed.

So while some ports and ships may let you take the extra wine, and others may hold it for you and give it to you on the second leg, others don't let you take it at all. Your mileage will definitely vary...

Bob

I have always taken all of our wine when doing a b2b or b2b2b2b on embarkation day. I take our boarding passes for each cruise and put it with the wine. Last month in Miami I was told no for the first time, I asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor checked the boarding passes and let me take the 4 bottles on.

As with many things Carnival, the REAL answer is... It depends. :D

On our Triumph B2B from Galveston to San Juan, we were denied the extra wine. A supervisor was called and she also said no. An email from John Heald was shown where he says yes, and they still said no. Finally, they agreed to collect the wine and give it back to people AT THE END OF THE SECOND LEG. Yup, not the start of the second leg, but after both cruises were completed.

So while some ports and ships may let you take the extra wine, and others may hold it for you and give it to you on the second leg, others don't let you take it at all. Your mileage will definitely vary...

Bob

Surprised you didn't go to guest services about this.

We missed you in January, it was a great cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Carnival policy for alcohol on B2B states:

"Alcohol and Beverage Policy

The same policy applies - click here for details. Guests are entitled to bring onboard the same quantity per guest, per cruise. The additional quantities will be stored for safekeeping at the start of the first cruise and will be given to the guest as each cruise begins."

Where did you find this? I searched to no avail last night. It would be nice to be able to pull it up if needed.

I've been wondering about the wine situation too. We have our first back to back coming up in October. Our car will be parked at the Manhattan pier, so I think we'll just get off the ship once we've been given our new cards for the second leg and just go get the other two bottles of wine from the car and bring them on board.

Kathy

Where did you find this? I searched to no avail last night. It would be nice to be able to pull it up if needed.

It's Carnival policy #404, "Back to back cruises"

If you call them, ask them to lookup policy 404, and read under the "Alcohol & Beverage Policy"

It's important to look up the alcohol and beverage policy UNDER the back to back policy and not the general 'alcohol & beverage policy'

It's Carnival policy #404, "Back to back cruises"

If you call them, ask them to lookup policy 404, and read under the "Alcohol & Beverage Policy"

It's important to look up the alcohol and beverage policy UNDER the back to back policy and not the general 'alcohol & beverage policy'

Thanks. Is there a way for me to look that policy up? I've tried searching back to back and cannot find anything on Carnival ' s site.

Sorry, I don't think it's published anywhere on the web. I did a google search with keyword 'per person, per cruise' and the only thing that came up was another CC thread of someone copy/pasting the exact thing I did.

Okay, thanks KoalaWala for your help. I appreciate it!