Ambergris Caye

crazycruzer68

From my research and understanding, in order to get to Ambergris Caye from a ship would be to do a ship's excursion or taxing a short air-flight. It's a bit too far and would take too long to do the water taxi there and back.

We are doing something similar, but going to Caye Caulker (smaller than Ambergris, but sort of similar). We've booked a tour for the private boat/shuttle to and from Belize City with CoralBreeze Tours. I believe we will be on a boat that takes some to Shark Ray Alley, but we will just use the boat for the transport to/from Caye Caulker.

It sounds like a nice little island for walking and exploring some cute little laid back shops, restaurants and bars. We plan on just making a day of wandering around the town, possibly doing some drinking, swimming and sunning at the Lazy Lizard at the split, then taking the boat back to Belize City/Port for our tender back to the ship.

It really looks like a cool little island and we expect it to be very laid back and "local". :)

I am/was contemplating an excursion through shore excursioneer to the private resort island Little Frenchman Caye. They only sell 40 day passes to their island. It includes a 3 course lunch and 2 drinks, plus snorkel gear, kayaks, and paddle boats. It looks really nice and relaxing.

It is excusions S1790 and would cost you $124.99 each.