Gone 4 years - what is new?

jlajla

We have not cruised in 4 years. Hopped back on CC to do some research, and I noticed one change - the character breakfasts are now not free anymore. Looks like drink packages have changed as well. That got me thinking.... what else has changed in the last 4 years? Anyone care to make my research easier and fill me in? ;)

Is the menu different? We are headed to Oasis in May, if that helps. Thanks!

Menu is different: http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/download-press-kit/7/

Gratuities are automatically added to your onboard account.

Two 750ml bottles of wine per stateroom can be brought on at initial embarkation, no corkage fees anywhere on the ship.

No smoking in balconies.

Open booking OBC greatly reduced.

Don't look at the drink prices unless you are sitting down.

Edited by clarea

Additionally, don't be fooled by sales, there is either a 30% off or BOGOHO sale every month. And it's not a good deal, they just mark it up to discount it back.

They've basically ruined Chops, they've raised the prices, cut the quality, and now try to sell you on a better meat for an additional upcharge.

Put the phone on speakerphone if you need to call, because it's probably going to be a 20 minute wait.

Everything costs more. Drink prices are ridiculous, photos cost more, specialty restaurant prices continue to go up, shore excursion prices up.

Given the cost of paper products and RCI supposedly trying to use less, I am expecting them to start charging for their sandpaper style of toilet paper and tissues. :eek:

Additionally, don't be fooled by sales, there is either a 30% off or BOGOHO sale every month. And it's not a good deal, they just mark it up to discount it back. /QUOTE]

Not sure that this is "new" within the last few years. Maybe the 30% off and BOGOHO are different sales than 4 years ago, but as long as I've been cruising, there has always been some sort of "sale" or "promotion" that was really nothing more than advertising. The price will be whatever their supply/demand will allow.

... Not sure that this is "new" within the last few years. Maybe the 30% off and BOGOHO are different sales than 4 years ago, but as long as I've been cruising, there has always been some sort of "sale" or "promotion" that was really nothing more than advertising. The price will be whatever their supply/demand will allow.

I agree, even before BOGOHO, there were periodic WOW sales, which were just OBC and reduced deposit. I remember some people posting about how their cruise prices went up $100 right before the WOW sale hit.