NYC Parking

cjd930

Not sure exactly what you are asking, if you sailing NCL out of Manhattan and want to leave your car, my suggestion is, I see you public profile says you live in NJ. With that, I would suggest you look into ships transfers from Newark Airport and leave your car around there, should be way cheaper.

Anyone have any thoughts or opinions on Valet Anywhere in New York?

there is several post on the east coast departure site

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415&order=desc&page=2

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2304249

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2326479

You could also park at port Imperial on the Jersey side and take the ferry across Hudson , on our last cruise last Nov. we were leaving on a Monday morning from pier 88 , we stayed a hotel in Secaucus drove to port imperial park the car for 8 days if I remember it cost 180.00 for the week ferry included

Edited by Orleanscruiser

We used Valet Anywhere in NYC for a 10 day on March 2. Worked perfectly, they met us on the corner across from the terminal and took the car. Upon return, we disembarked walked across the street, alerted the White Suited Valet Anywhere guy and in 15 minutes, my car showed up. Tipped them $10 each way, and the cost was under $20 a day for parking fees. And only 4 miles on the car upon the return so they kept it close to the terminal. Wouldn't hesitate to use them again, unless crossing the street is an issue for you. Literally a 50 yard walk to the terminal from the corner.

Edited by Highlander1

We used Valet Anywhere in NYC for a 10 day on March 2. Worked perfectly, they met us on the corner across from the terminal and took the car. Upon return, we disembarked walked across the street, alerted the White Suited Valet Anywhere guy and in 15 minutes, my car showed up. Tipped them $10 each way, and the cost was under $20 a day for parking fees. And only 4 miles on the car upon the return so they kept it close to the terminal. Wouldn't hesitate to use them again, unless crossing the street is an issue for you. Literally a 50 yard walk to the terminal from the corner.

If they put on 4 miles, and keeping in mind 20 blocks or so is a mile, they kept your car no where near the terminal. I would park it at the terminal and save yourself the hassle. It isnt worth the money you save.

We used Parkright garage on W43rd street. It was very easy, and way cheaper than parking at the cruise pier. The driver dropped us off at the terminal and on the way back, we called once we got off the ship. In a few minutes, he was waiting for us along with our car across the street from the terminal. We hopped in, and drove off. It was about $25 per day.