NCL Escape Haven Aft Balcony 15880

gcollins

Hello Everyone! This will be me and my partner's first time cruising on NCL and on Escape and we chose the Haven Aft Balcony Penhouse Suite 15880.

I was hoping I could get your feedback on a few potential concerns around the cabin and location.

Deck 9 and 10 Haven Aft balcony cabins are available as well...was wondering if being lower is going to be a better location? It appears from pics that the lower the deck, the larger the balcony? Also concerned about some sort of cable mechanism right off of our balcony to the side on 15880. And any noise issues being under the dining room?

We are so excited about our cruise. WE. Can't. wait!

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Hello Everyone! This will be me and my partner's first time cruising on NCL and on Escape and we chose the Haven Aft Balcony Penhouse Suite 15880.

I was hoping I could get your feedback on a few potential concerns around the cabin and location.

Deck 9 and 10 Haven Aft balcony cabins are available as well...was wondering if being lower is going to be a better location? It appears from pics that the lower the deck, the larger the balcony? Also concerned about some sort of cable mechanism right off of our balcony to the side on 15880. And any noise issues being under the dining room?

We are so excited about our cruise. WE. Can't. wait!

Thanks for any info you can provide!

We had 9918 in Febrauary.

Although not as large as the same cabin and balcony on the The Breakaway and Getaway I would still recommend it. Generally the lower the deck the larger the balcony due to the slant of the back of the ship.

Here are a few photos of 9918:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Edited by happy cruzin

More reasons to pick deck 9 other than largest balcony :

Escape has already gotten a reputation for ship motion and rolling. You will feel this much more on 15 as opposed to 9. Not sure if this would affect you.

Deck 9 is just a quick walk down 1 flight of stairs to the Waterfront deck for walking, outdoor bars, restaurants etc. Enjoy your stroll on the waterfront to the forward elevators, ride up to the Haven.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Not exactly. Depth varies. From largest to smallest, decks are 9,12,15,11,14,10,13.

Deck 10 is much smaller than deck 9.

If deciding between 9 and 10, go for 9. Easy choice.

thankyou!!!

I was actually trying to decide between keepin stateroom 15880 or moving to 9 or 10. Now I'm not sure if I want to move 15 to 9....I may just stay on deck 15. decisions decisions!

I'd go down to 9.... Spice is just above you on 15 and it may be noisy at night....I Was on 12 a few weeks and the balcony was really nice but 12 is even bigger...plus the idea of just being a quick walk down 1 deck to get to the waterfront is actually a big deal...was in a aft penthouse on the Getaway on 9 several months ago and getting down to 8 in just a few seconds was very convenient

I'd go down to 9.... Spice is just above you on 15 and it may be noisy at night....I Was on 12 a few weeks and the balcony was really nice but 12 is even bigger...plus the idea of just being a quick walk down 1 deck to get to the waterfront is actually a big deal...was in a aft penthouse on the Getaway on 9 several months ago and getting down to 8 in just a few seconds was very convenient

Sorry...meant 9 is bigger

I'd pick 9 too....just as far from the Haven Courtyard - but closer to the 6-7-8 areas!

...AND it's bigger. ;)

We have deck 12 Aft facing balcony 12312 now I'm curious if this was our best choice. Is it in our best interest to see if there is availability on deck 9?

Edited by amanda_renee

We have deck 12 Aft facing balcony 12312 now I'm curious if this was our best choice. Is it in our best interest to see if there is availability on deck 9?

You do have one of the largest - but the one on nine is larger.

We always book the largest balcony that available - we spend enough time out there that the extra space is important to us!

Hey "Happy Cruzin"..

Are you sure you weren't in suite 9318? We were in 9918 in Feb, and the cabin was reversed from what your pictures show.

Go with deck 9. The balcony is huge, and the location was very quiet and private. We could look down on folks strolling on the waterfront one deck down, but the vast majority never knew we were up there. The actual suite itself sits far back from the public hallway, (nice big foyer) so we never heard noise from outside. Be aware, the balcony has a lot of comfortable furniture (still plenty of room to walk around)..but only one lounge chair.

Great suite!

Hey "Happy Cruzin"..

Are you sure you weren't in suite 9318? We were in 9918 in Feb, and the cabin was reversed from what your pictures show.

Go with deck 9. The balcony is huge, and the location was very quiet and private. We could look down on folks strolling on the waterfront one deck down, but the vast majority never knew we were up there. The actual suite itself sits far back from the public hallway, (nice big foyer) so we never heard noise from outside. Be aware, the balcony has a lot of comfortable furniture (still plenty of room to walk around)..but only one lounge chair.

Great suite!

OMG typo....you're correct - we WERE in 9318..... [emoji854]

thankyou!!!

I was actually trying to decide between keepin stateroom 15880 or moving to 9 or 10. Now I'm not sure if I want to move 15 to 9....I may just stay on deck 15. decisions decisions!

b. ................................................................ Not sure what happened when replying but we just got back Sat. Room 14852 aft loved it. Was scared of moving comments that were on here...please its not bad at all. I get seasick easily and didnt get sick nor did I wear bands or take meds.