Cave tubing or snorkeling?

mapsmom

We didn't find any snorkeling close enough to the Carnival port in Belize. We ended up going cave tubing with Cavetubing.bz and had a wonderful day! 2 thumbs way up! :)

Now snorkeling in Roatan...AMAZING! And there we went with Roatan Ocean Adventures. They are amazing! :)

In my opinion, the cave tubing wasn't much fun. The caves are dark and nothing to really look at. The water is cold and dark, and they have to drag you thru when the water is low (Butt up). Then there is the workers who solicit a larger tip. Just wasn't my thing. But the couple that went with us loved it. So, to each his own.

We just did the Jaguar Cave tubing and it was a little bit boring. It did get very dark and was cool when everyone turned off their headlamps. But if you want fish and sunlight, go for the snorkling . Plus it was a LONG drive just to get there.

• 2 weeks later...

We were pretty underwhelmed by the cave tubing, as well, and had a bad experience with cavetubing.bz logistically. I would describe the cave tubing experience as kind of cool, but not really worth it. It ends up taking up pretty much your whole day for about 1/2 hour of actual tubing time.

If I go back to Belize, I'll probably opt for something more like the Caye Caulker excursion.

I'm a bit surprised at how many glowing reviews the cave tubing gets, as even without the problems we had with the tour company, the experience was kind of ho-hum. But as shamrockace said, to each his own. One person's ho-hum might be another person's awesome.

Edited by Paul65