My time dining without reservation

yun2

There are six of us under two different cruise reservation number. I reserved several MTD back in December and linked the reservations, somehow it only showed up on my calendar but not on my friend's. Now, I'm a bit worried since all our shows are set and reserved.

I just tried to make reservation for MTD around our show times, but the dining time we prefer is no longer available. How likely will we be able to walk in and be seated if we show up early that day?

Thanks in advance!!

Were the cruise numbers linked before you made the dining reservations? If so, you should be fine. Last year on the Radiance, when I made dinner reservations from the ship, they gave us a table for our entire party, because they were linked, even though I told them the boys (in their own cabin) wouldn't be coming. Just go talk to the maître d' when you board to verify.

Edited by hapster85

There are six of us under two different cruise reservation number. I reserved several MTD back in December and linked the reservations, somehow it only showed up on my calendar but not on my friend's. Now, I'm a bit worried since all our shows are set and reserved.

I just tried to make reservation for MTD around our show times, but the dining time we prefer is no longer available. How likely will we be able to walk in and be seated if we show up early that day?

Thanks in advance!!

I would go to the MTD desk (in front of dining room) right after you board and try to get early reservations.

I would go to the MTD desk (in front of dining room) right after you board and try to get early reservations.

This is one of the first things we do when we embark. We lock in the times and request a table by a window. Works for us every time.

Thank you all for your tips. That will be our first to do as soon as we are board. Do I just go straight to the MDR? In this case, how early should I get to the port?

Thank you all for your tips. That will be our first to do as soon as we are board. Do I just go straight to the MDR? In this case, how early should I get to the port?

Yes, go straight to the MDR, I've noted many people do the same thing but I've never waited longer than 5-7 minutes. As to when to get to the port, hard to say. On the Adventure, we arrived about 12:30 and there was a very long line to drop off baggage. We had a Junior Suite for the first time so they opened up that line about 10 minutes after we got in the longer line. We simply switched lines and got to the check in which took maybe 15 minutes at the most and were on the ship.

I'd get to the port no later than 11am. Go to the entrance of MDR on the deck listed on your SeaPass card.