No San Juan For Qm2

Cunard Cruiser

I am sailing on Dec 8th. Caalled Cunard last night to see if San Juan is still on the schedule and they told me we will be stopping at Tortola instead. I assume this will also be for Nov 26th cruise as San Juan harbor is still not dredged.

Here is a link for island info!!

http://www.b-v-i.com/Tortola/default.htm

Thanks for posting this information.

I am a bit disappointed that San Juan has been dropped from this itinerary. We were in Tortola last December, and they were in the process of building a new docking area. There was only room for one ship to dock at that time.

Does anyone know if we will be docking or tendering?

According to cruisecal, P&O's Oceana will also be in Tortola.

Alan

Sorry, I should have been more specific.

For the 26 November sailing, the QM2 will be in Tortola alone on 29 November.

For the 8 December sailing, the QM2 will be in Tortola with P&O's Oceana on 11 December.

Alan

This also happened last year for the port of San Juan not being able to accommodate the draft of the QM2. You would think that Cunard would know that the situation is the same this year and not include it as a stop in their itinerary. I wonder how many that booked the three upcoming cruises did it for the purpose of going to San Juan. We did, because we have never been to San Juan and wanted to visit there.

I received my Voyage Information booklets yesterday and San Juan and the many shore excursions are in it. I also faxed the "Guest Registration Form" to Cunard yesterday.

Once I finish here, I am calling Cunard to make sure they got the fax and ask about San Juan.

Terrence

hi to all

we are delighted to be going back to tortola,, love the island ony been the once (and that was due to st maarten suffering from hurricane damage) i certainly wont miss the immigration procedures we encountered in san juan :) :) i am sure anyone that has not been there will love it

cheers sean

Archived