Charleston -- Trucker, Chucktown, Cukobananas, others in Charleston

Suitcasefull

Honestly, I love old ships like that. However I have only been on the USS North Carolina, and the USS Wisconsin (? in Norfolk). I loved the USS North Carolina because you can go in virtually every room, see/touch everything, it was super. The one in Norfolk is very limited and most of the boat is blocked off. I am excited to see the 3 in Patriots Point. My wife and 4 year old won't really be interested in it, but my 12 year old and I will love it.

As far as the tours, I was able to book it this morning. Today is the first day they went on sale for the date I wanted (5/27). I was able to get a boat from Patriots Point to Fort Sumter at 10:30am which is what I wanted. We bought the combo pack which also included a carriage ride around Charleston at a time of our choosing. We will probably do it that night, or maybe Saturday night. I'm stoked!

My wife just sent me a text wanting to go back to Myrtle Beach for her birthday in September. I told her let's hold off until after our cruise because we may want to go back to Charleston instead. :)

Actually, the Wisconsin in Norfolk is a lot more open to the public than it used to be. You can enter the lower decks on a self guided tour and climb up 4 decks up the superstructure. A few areas are still for guided tour only. (Bridge, engineering.)