Uber in Galveston

jackig218

Has anyone used uber from hobby to Galveston??? If so, would you do it again? There will be 4 in our party and I am looking for a cost effective shuttle for all of us. I have used Galveston express in the past.... But there were several communication hiccups with them and now I see the prices have jumped up.... I am open to any and all suggestions!!!

Keep in mind you can take Uber TO Galveston, but they aren't allowed to pick you up in Galveston and take you back to the airport. Galveston enacted a new ordinance earlier this year that prohibits them from picking up. You'll find much more info in the CC forum for Gulf Coast departures.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We used "Pink Taxi" last weekend for our pick-up in Galveston. The taxi service is ran by a husband and wife. Very professional, nice van. There were 4 in our party and the van was perfect. The base fare to Hobby is $90 before tip.

She has us call when we made it to customs and then picked us up quickly.

Kim

I was a huge fan of über, until 2:30 am today and we were notified that my husbands account was charged 200 euros and $56 at 9am in France. Easy fix with our bank but left a sour taste. I did just find out they had a huge hack and seems as if we were caught in it.