Freeweights and fitness equipment on the Valor

noelbows

Hi,

My daughter goes to the gym every day and being on a cruise isn't going to change that. She doesn't do cardio; she pretty much only uses weights; barbells, dumbbells, squat racks, etc. Can anyone tell me what gym equipment is available in the Valor's Gym/Fitness Center? Pictures would be a great bonus. Thanks in advance!

I pulled this from the Goccl site:

For Strength

Hip Abduction

Hip Adduction

Leg Extension

Seated Leg Curl

Seated Leg Press

Leg Raise

Shoulder Press

Lateral Pulldown

Seated Row Machine

Tricep Press

Bicep Curl

Pectoral Fly

Seated Chest Press

Abdominal Crunch

Back Extension

Adjustable Bench

Ab Board

Dumbbells - Troy Rubber Encased

Dumbbells - Troy Premium Chrome

They have a full set of machine weights for circuit training, she should be fine!

Thanks for the info dawgdays. I guess I should be, and am, grateful that getting a good workout is her biggest concern. She normally doesn't do machines, but she said she can "make do" with what they've got. Lol

Just got off the Valor on the 26th. Went to the gym 5 of the 7 days while on board--yes it is a must for us too. They had several sets of weights and luckily most people were not using them, so I had access to whatever size I needed. They do not have all the equipment she uses, but she will know how to improvise. Cardio machines were the most difficult to get access to the first 3 days. After about day 4, the gym was pretty empty, with the exception of those like your daughter. ;)

Just got off the Valor on the 26th. Went to the gym 5 of the 7 days while on board--yes it is a must for us too. They had several sets of weights and luckily most people were not using them, so I had access to whatever size I needed. They do not have all the equipment she uses, but she will know how to improvise. Cardio machines were the most difficult to get access to the first 3 days. After about day 4, the gym was pretty empty, with the exception of those like your daughter. ;)

Thank you so much for that helpful information! I can't wait to share. 😊

We sailed the Valor, and at the red frog pub, you can do the 12 ounce curls, some times there is a line though ... :)

Thank you for the laugh.

We sailed the Valor, and at the red frog pub, you can do the 12 ounce curls, some times there is a line though ... :)

I went to the gym on valor once on our November cruise not a sole in there and no bar waiters. I got the heck out a there quick.