Busy day for the Vista!

jamtek

I have the same app you do and am also keeping an eye on Vista while she's at sea. It looked like a busy day today!! Any idea about what tests/trials they did today?

I hope you have a great time on the Inaugural Voyage!! I went on an Inaugural once (on the Oasis of the Seas) and it was a blast!! :D So much fun and so awesome being among the 1st passengers on a ship.

I can't wait till October 21st (which is when I'm sailing on Vista)!! :D We're doing the 13 Day Transatlantic from Barcelona to New York.

Yes, today she is back in dry dock. I think for the remainder of construction until her Maiden Voyage on May 1st. Not really sure why the dry dock, I would've thought it was just interior work that still needed to be finished and that the hull/keel would be finished. Especially since they've been out at sea for the past few days, the hull would already have to be done and seaworthy. What's the dry dock for, does anybody know?

I can't wait to sail on her in October, only 205 more days!!!! :D

Edited by Avril

Yes, today she is back in dry dock. I think for the remainder of construction until her Maiden Voyage on May 1st. Not really sure why the dry dock, I would've thought it was just interior work that still needed to be finished and that the hull/keel would be finished. Especially since they've been out at sea for the past few days, the hull would already have to be done and seaworthy. What's the dry dock for, does anybody know?

I can't wait to sail on her in October, only 205 more days!!!! :D

Hi Avril!

The dry dock is to keep the water off her while they give her a beautifully shiny final coat of paint before delivery!

It's probably likely they are also checking the azipod for any leaks or seal or bearing issues while they have one last shot. The early designs were plagued with issues, and ABB and Rolls Royce, azipod designers, have both paid serveral millions of dollars of claims for lost revenue to the various cruise lines.

From what I read on Italian sites, she's in dry dock to get her final coat of paint. Once that is done, she's back out on sea trials again, this time for speed tests.

This is what I read too. She'll be in dry dock for 1 week for final painting, then back out to sea for speed tests.