Best bars for a Sangria on the Getaway?

Mumblez82

Cruising in just over a month and have a friend who really likes to drink Sangrias. Wondering if anyone can recommend which bars on the Getaway would be the best for this particular drink. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Sangria is better if it has been infused. Not every bar will have a vat of sangria sitting around. They will make you one but it won't taste as good.

I drank mudslides all week! I always asked for it with top shelf vodka and no chocolate and it was awesome!

When we were on the Getaway in November, the BEST sangria was at the tiny little bar at La Cucina. It's really only there to serve the dining room at La Cucina, but there are 3 or 4 bar stools set up there. It may take a few extra minutes to be served because they have to serve the diners first. But, it's worth the wait!

The bartender there made awesome sangria (both red and white). When we told her how great it was, she said that everyone on the ship uses the same recipe so it was nothing special. I took her word for it and asked for sangria in some other bars and it was NOTHING like hers! From then on, she was our go-to for sangria.

Apparently, she was the only one who could get it right. We'll be back on the Getaway in June and I'm hoping she's still there!!!

I drank mudslides all week! I always asked for it with top shelf vodka and no chocolate and it was awesome!

Yay! I had my first Mudslide last November on the Constellation and was immediately hooked! Glad to hear they are awesome on the Getaway!