Price protecton rules? occupancy?

lbendick

Where are the actual rules of this program in black and white. I thought it went by cabin category not occupancy of the cabin.

For example: a balcony cabin 8a occupancy of 2 vs. a balcony cabin 8a occupancy of 4 should be the same thing to price check.

My specific sailing the 8a's for 4 are sold out, plenty of 8a's for 2 remain with a price drop but my agent told me since our occupancy is sold it it didn't count, this doesn't seem fair.

Specifically on our vista sailing where we have a Havana balcony cabin for 4, same pricing for the 2 occupancy (difference is 3 4th rate lower), but there is only ONE of these cabins therefore from start you never have a chance of price drops.

Thanks

To price match you must compare exact cabins.

A stateroom that hold 4 is not the same as one that holds two. There are less quad cabins and therefore sell out more quickly than those that hold two.

I don't have time to find the actual copy of the rules. I am sure they are out there. In fact when you booked you probably agreed to them. Everyone is quick to click "agree to terms" Few ever read them.

I know this is frustrating to you. As I have been able to take advantage of a "More the Merrier" promotion I do know that occupancy does matter. Just like senior rate. I had two staterooms side by side, four in one two in the other. I got over $200 in OBC on the quad. Nothing on the double.

From the current Early Saver Terms and Conditions:

The Early Saver fare is subject to availability and is capacity controlled. $49 per person deposit is applicable to 2 -9 day sailings, $99 per person deposit is applicable to Vista Caribbean sailings, and $149 per person deposit is applicable to 10+ days, Alaska, Vista Europe sailings. Changes made to the reservation may result in the assessment of cancellation penalties or service fees. Full names are required for each guest. Carnival reserves the right to withdraw and/or change offer at any time without prior notice.

Price Protection applies to the cruise fare only and does not include Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses. Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses range from $56.90 to $359.73, and are assessed on a per guest basis for all guests according to the itinerary. Early Saver fare is backed by a unique price protection policy (only available to bookings made in USD currency) that allows you to adjust your cruise fare to the best available fare for a like category stateroom (no downgrades allowed) advertised by Carnival and available to the general public. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses and/or fuel supplement if applicable. Carnival will honor your request for price protection if the reduction on the total amount paid for your booking results only from a lower cruise fare and not from the booked ancillary services, such as air, transfers, pre-paid gratuities, or Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses. The guest is responsible for increases to ancillary services such as air, resulting from changes to ship and/or sail date, or adjustments to cruise fare.

Early Saver price protection does not apply to group rates, membership programs, charters, select promotional fares, travel agent rebates, or other travel agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public. When re-pricing to a new promotion, guest assumes all terms and conditions of the new promotion and may forfeit any or all features associated with the original fare, such as cabin assignment, onboard credit, an upgrade, special deposit and payment terms, etc. A $50 change fee per guest will be assessed for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to final payment due date. Remaining funds are nonrefundable/nontransferable and will be held as a future cruise credit to be applied to your cruise fare on a sailing within 24 months from the date of cancellation. Unused portions are forfeited. Offer is not applicable on Carnival Australia. Must book between March 28, 2016 and March 31, 2016 EDT. Offer is applicable on sailings between June 2016 and April 2018. Request Early Saver. Ships' Registry: The Bahamas, Panama & Malta.

I agree with Ibendick - in that the price match must be to the same cabin CATEGORY, but it also has to be based on the total Cruise Fare you paid for that cabin (PAX 1 + PAX 2 + PAX 3 + PAX 4 as appropriate). Ken

•The lower rate must be for the same ship, sailing date, stateroom category and number of guests. The rate must be available for booking at the time the request is submitted. Guest must qualify for the rate

Thanks for the info, I just think the occupancy is a joke. When you book a early saver rate on a room that only has one of them for that occupancy why advertise it as early saver because technical it isn't early saver.

Thanks for the info, I just think the occupancy is a joke. When you book a early saver rate on a room that only has one of them for that occupancy why advertise it as early saver because technical it isn't early saver.

The rule makes perfect sense. I'm sorry you don't like it, but it is perfectly logical. A cabin for four is not technically identical to a cabin for two, and that's why you can't match one to the other.

If the current price per passenger for a double occupancy cabin is less than your average price per passenger for your quad cabin, you should be able to split your group into two cabins at the current, lower price. I've done that before with no trouble. You'll have to call your PVP to get this done - to my knowledge, there's no way to do it online.