Just back from 1st X cruise

trinidad

We just finished our first Celebrity cruise and were very impressed. We have recently cruised HAL and Radisson. Our cruise was a 5 day Pacific NW. As stated in some previous posts, October is not the best time to cruise there but living on the coast in N. Calif, we did not expect perfect weather or seas. We had one day of very rough seas with most everyone seasick including many crew but once inside the Straits and the Inside Passage, it was fine. We only had one day of sun and missed the scenery in our transit of the Inside Passage due to rain and cloudy skies but Celebrity does not control the weather. We loved the ship, thought the service was great as was the food. The hair dryers stink, however. We were somewhat concerned about being on such a large ship with such a large number of passangers but the layout of the ship gives the impression of a cozy smaller ship. The only time we noticed the number of passengers was when we had a pleasant chat with a fellow cruiser and then never ran into them again. The late dinner seating of 8:30 was not good. By the time we were finsihed with dinner, the band had quit playing and we had to dance to the VERY LOUD disco. Overall our experience was A+

It sure sounds like you had a good time. Thanks for posting. We have sailed Mercury and also the inside passage, both were terrific. Living in northern Ca. perhapes you will have another oppertunity to do both again in a better time of year.

From Phil and Edith from the Transatlantic Galaxy cruise. We did a neat Amazon River cruise from Manaus to Barbados in March on Oceania's Insignia.

Our review is on this site as well as on http://www.cruisereviews.com as are our other 14 reviews. Our next is on Serenity, a first on Crystal. starting November 25. It is just a 10 day Caribbean, but we wanted to try out that line. In May we go to Turkey to cruise from Istanbul around the islands to Athens, this time on Nautica, Oceania's newest addition. Next September we will be back on Celebrity - Cosntellation for the first time, for their New York-New England-Canada cruise. Love to you both.

Hi Phil and Edith

We did the TA on Century this year as well as the Baltic run in May. We are about to set sail on Summit through the Canal and back. Next year we will cruise back to Rome and on to Istanbul in May and back on Millennium to Venice and the crossing in Nov. We hope to share your company again some time..

We can't break the Celebrity spell as yet...

Happy cruising

Arno

Arno,

I see that you are planning to do the TA on Millie in Nov 2006. We will see you there. I don't know if you remenber us (Mike and Andrea) but we were on the Infinity to Hawaii in Dec 2004 with you. We share your enthusiasm in the trivia contests. You and your wife are such fun! I remember you were having a lively discussion with my hisband and another nice lady about the game Civilization. Hopefully, we will have have good cruise staff and some challenging brain busters. We are getting ready to go on Century (deep caribbean) on 11-7, then Alaska on Infinity in May 06 and lastly on Millie in Nov 06.

Hope to see you soon.

We loved the ship, thought the service was great as was the food. The hair dryers stink, however.

Overall our experience was A+

Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip.

A few questions..

What ship were you on?

What cabin did you have? How did you like it?

Was it the blowdryer in the bathroom on the wall?

Arno,

I remember you were having a lively discussion with my husband and another nice lady about the game Civilization.

Hi Andrea:

We keep on bumping into the nicest people on these boards. I am still playing my Civ game and looking for more cruise specials. How do you expect other people to catch up to you when you cruise so often?? You must be pretty close to the top of the list when you cruise on X. This sure is a nice obsession to have though. Ain't life grand?

Archived