marseille embarkation

frimleygreen

There is a free shuttle bus from the city to the port, but the last I heard was that it only runs over the weekend.

Last time we docked in Marseille we took a normal bus which was only a couple of euro each.

Have a look at http://www.marseille-tourisme.com/en/marseille-cruises/join-your-cruise/ for a bit more info

Thank you for your reply. We will be staying the night before the cruise in Joilette. The free cruise bus leaves from near the hotel, as does the local 35 bus. When you took the local bus was it along way with cases from the bus stop to the port terminal?

from memory it took about 20 minutes max. If it's busy a taxi may be your better option, I'd hazard a guess that it wouldn't cost much more than €10 for this trip

When is it you are going? I have a cruise on Armonia from Marseille in July and am staying the night before in the Grand Hotel Beauveau in the Vieux Port area so we can explore a little more of the city

We are sailing out in April. May just bite the bullet and get a taxi. I know it is more expensive, but don't fancy 20 mins walk with cases. Do you now if the taxi takes you to the checkin hall or just to the port gates?

3 years ago they took us right next to the check-in hall