Sun Princess...My wife is worried

wdblake

For the past month we have been reading about bow thruster problems on the

sun. They have been using tugs to dock and to disembark. Has there been any word on them docking her? Are cruises arriving late or leaving early from their destinations because of this? We are supposed to cruise out on the 19th and really hope they don't mess up our itinerary.

There doesn’t seem to be any word of late arrivals or early departures for Sun Princess. The thrusters are only used for docking – so going from port to port shouldn’t be affected and any time lost in the docking process could be made up between ports.

I sailed on Regal Princess in 1999 with forward thrusters out and there was no difference to the overall schedule – we crossed the Pacific from Hawaii to Ensenada and en route there was a medical emergency. The Captain put the “peddle to the metal” and we made it into port eight hours early.

We are on the 19th cruise also - from what I have gleaned from the "live from the Sun" thread - it has not been a problwem - I just hope they don't decide to cancel our cruise for repairs.

BTW - There is a roll call thread on this sailing - A group of us are meeting in the Wheelhouse Bar @ 3 P. M. on the 19th.

Ron

We are also departing on the 19th. Hoping for good weather, and a wonderful vacation.

From what we have heard the ship is full, so I would think our cruise is safe and would not be cancelled because of the thruster issue. I am sure it will not be a big deal, and since we are the third 10 day cruise, for the Sun, the dock workers should be familiar with the problem the ship has.

T&C

Archived